Pets in Oman

Hello everyone,

Many of us in Oman have four-legged friends. What about you? Do you have one or more pets? Share your experience with us!

What are the formalities to import pets in Oman? What about pet adoption procedures in the country? Did you bring your pet from your home country to your host country? If so, did everything turn out fine?

What do Omanis think about pets? Are they comfortable with dogs, cats or unusual pets?

Share your advice!

Priscilla

Hello dear Priscilla ,

Alas ,
  I didn't get my pet to Oman .Unfortunately I have no idea about the procedure ;I know how it is in Dubai for when I was there I used to take my dog with me to Lebanon in Summer.

Got my German Shepherd to Oman... he LOVES it... however he hasn't endured the REALLY hot summer months yet... we came in September. As long as your animal is under control then you'll be fine... I have had locals stop me wanting pictures and asking questions. I do make sure he is ONLY off the lead when there's no one on beaches etc...

hi

my husband and i are thinking of moving to oman in the future - we live in bahrain and my husband works in dubai in the week - i have never been to oman but it looks so beautiful and i am keen to move somewhere where i can go hiking with my dogs and also walk on beaches, preferably quiet beaches as my dogs are quite boisterous - this is our main reason for wanting to be somewhere which has bigger and more varied landscapes as bahrain is pretty small and limited on dog walks - i need some advice really on the best places to live with the best dog walking areas and what the general rules are for dog walking off leads

welcome to Oman where definetlly you will feel at home. walking  with your dog on the beath is normal as long as your dog under control.
we have long beaches and many open areas where you can enjoy hiking with your dogs espicially at Muscat.
if you need more information please feel free to contact me.