Expat groups in Nairobi?

Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether there are any expatriate clubs in Nairobi. I'm relatively new in the country and would love to meet likeminded expats, to share experiences and find out where all the good places are to visit, eat and shop etc.
Regards,
- Marianne.

They are few small and community based expat groups - by origin mostly (French, English, West-African, Chinese, Japanese) or by interest (beading, nature, art, drama, wife of rich expat who can shop all day long, etc.).

Finding an expat group of mixed nationalities is hard...  I am sure there are some, but hard to find.

Follow the well-known KenyaBuzz to find out what's going on in Nairobi.

TheBigBoss

Dear Marianne,

I have just arrived in Nairobi and am also looking for an expat group. Please let me know if you have found anything since you posted!

To Normadicwoman: your post, in which you grossly stereotype various nationalities, is very unhelpful

Hi Marianne and Kidogo,

I am in the exact same boat and just moved to Nairobi as well, any luck on finding groups?  Please let me know.  I'd be happy to repay the favor with a large amount of capuccino and/or Tusker!

ok kenya is fine and safe country,an also risky if you involve your self with shoddy activities

Am a Kenyan and i wish to assist you and show you places to go for shopping and for leisure,most of Whites who visits Kenya find Westlands  to be the safest place to be. 

my email is [email protected]

How about someone on the group take it upon themselves to form a mishmash group from the regulars that post here.... (please not me.. i have very poor communication skills..) i found this to work in another forum time and space..

Like we could just declare a coffee afternoon or early evening at a central Java and anyone on the forum can come by and bring a friend if they want.. before you know it, there will be a nice group (mixed ) going on....
Viola!

and i think normadicwoman's classification was very tongue in cheek... i am certain she wasnt trying to offend..(i think)

@Bubbly you got a nice idea.

Join the Nairobi Expat Social facebook group to meet other expats living in Nairobi for coffee, drinks, supper, hiking, cycling, safaris and more!

facebook.com/group.php?gid=279962198742