What is the best way to find an entry-level job for a Non-Saudi?

Hello everyone,

My name is Zubair and I have just moved to Riyadh after completing my bachelors degree from Pakistan.

My parents have been living here for about four years and they wanted me work here for 2 years before I take admission in MBA.

I have been trying my luck on these job portals online (bayt, gulftalent, naukrigulf and many others) to look for an entry-level position (HR/Admin) but it seems that most of these positions are for Saudis only.

I know that finding a job could take some time. Its just that I wanted to be sure if I am doing it right.

Is that how you find an entry-level job here? Or is it more about dropping CVs or having the right connections here who could help you?

Thanks.

What did you major in?

Sorry, I didn't notice you mentioned it already.

Most HR/admin jobs prefer Saudis. Best way in my opinion is to intern just to get your foot in the door. Entry level jobs are very competitive for non-Saudis at the moment because of Saudization.

Thanks for your reply, youngthegiant.

I have tried looking for any type of internship (paid/unpaid) available for non-saudis and haven't had any luck.

Also some friends who lived in Saudi told me that finding an internship for a non-saudi is even more difficult than finding an entry-level job here.

If you've any idea about how/where should I find one, please let me know.

Thanks for your help. =)

xubair wrote:

Thanks for your reply, youngthegiant.
Also some friends who lived in Saudi told me that finding an internship for a non-saudi is even more difficult than finding an entry-level job here.

That's not true. Internships can be unpaid as well btw. Going in and physically dropping off your resume works really well.

Good luck!