Greetings from a Canadian. also..a question from a newbie coming to Ri

Hello everyone! I'm a seasoned expat living in Dubai, and now moving to Riyadh. I don't know,yet, the location of my company paid for accommodation....but my fiance is still here in Dubai and i'd like to bring her over to Riyadh to join me. I know she can get work in Riyadh because her company is international, but i'm sure we won't be in the same compound, so,,,
1. is it easy to get a drivers licence there so i can drive back and forth from my place and hers?( i already have a uae licence )
2. She's filipina so is it possible for the two of us to rent our own place on a western compound so we can live together?
3. and finally...is the whole no booze thing blown out of proportion? Can we get booze somewhere to bring back to our flat and drink in privacy???

Thanks all!! Looking forward to my new destination! Tim from Toronto!

Tx for so many greetings @timothy-ronin :D
Welcome to ExpatBlog.

No Julien. The technical problems seems to have got worsened. This post is appearing a dozen time exactly. :)

@timothy-ronin, to answer your questions:

KSA is quite a different place than UAE. I suggest you do some browsing on this site. You'll get a lot of info.

You can't bring your finace here unless you get married officially (If you still have UAE iqama, I suggest you do that in Dubai). You won't be able to bring her here in the first place, so don't plan a marriage here :) There is absolutely no way you can apply a visa for her.

However, she can get a job and move to KSA (independent of you). The only thing you can do is to look for opportunties for her and facilitate. 

KSA drv license is easier to get than the UAE one. But the problem, if in a mall or on a check post, police checks an related lady with you (finace is considered *no* relation in KSA), expect horrible consequences.

The answers to your Q2 and Q3 are 'Yes' if you take care of the above concern. :)

Hope it will help.

Mr. Reducha where exactly in Riyadh is your company paying for you to live? In a previous post you stated that you were in fact married to this woman. Apparently opposite sexes living together overseas is against the law. Are you not in fact residing with this woman now? Sounds like you have more research to do. Peace:)