Funding a postgraduate education

Hello! This year I'm a senior at my university, and after I graduate I would really like to pursue further education in Scotland. Specifically I would like to get an MRes in Psychology and possibly work towards a PhD after that. Right now, the University of Glasgow is my top choice, but I'm looking into others.

I do have a question, though. I understand that if I am accepted, I'm allowed to work up to 20 hrs/week on a student visa. Aside from the hours, are there any other limitations? Also, if anybody has done it before, how difficult is it for internationals (non-EU) to find this sort of work?

I'm trying to find a way to fund this education without going into horrible debt, as the international tuition fees are significantly higher than UK/EU rates, and it seems like I would not be eligible for a studentship, either.

Any tips would be welcome :)

Hi there,
Unfortunately if you work beyond your 20hours a week limit as a student. The UKBA will consider this as a breach of your Visa, and you will probably have difficulties renewing your Visa etc

I would look into SAAS-  saas.co.uk (if you have been living here for a certain length of time...or your course qualifies they may fund you.

Goodluck,
Also the university might give you a 1000pounds towards your course