REGARDING JOB SEEKAR VISA--FEW QUSTAIONS.

SWEETSONU17
I am from India. I am currently in SURAT.

About me
HI EVERYBODY, I AM GAURAV FROM SURAT, INDIA. I AM APPLYING NORWAY JOB SEEKAR VISA NEXT MONTH. I AM GRADUATE ( B.COM ) AND HAVING EXPERINENCE OF RUNNING TRAVEL AGENCY AND MANAGING ACCOUNTS FOR 10 YEARS. IS THERE ANY GOOD CHANCE FOR ME. I HAVE FIEW QUESTIONS AS BELOW. 1 ) IF I HAVE JOB SEEKAR VISA, CAN I GO TO ANOTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY AND FIND JOB OVERTHERE ? 2 ) IS IT NECESSARY TO TO JOB IN SAME FIELDM, IN WHICH I HAVE EXPERIENCE OR I CAN DO ANY JOB ? 3 ) I HAVE HEARD THAT,NORWAY GOVERMENT RUNS LANGUAGE CLLSSES FREE FOR NON NORWAIN & IT IS FREE . IS IT TRUE ? 4 ) CAN I GO TO OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ON THAT JOB SEEKAR VISA ? 5 ) CAN I APPLY ELIGIBLE FOR APPLY UK TOURIEST VISA FROM THERE ? THANKS. GAURAV CHAVDA MOBILE : +91-9825418590

My birthday is on 17 February, I was born in 1980

Interests

Hello SWEETSONU17 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Norway forum for better visibility.;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help you.

Wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

PS: Could you please lower Caps Lock when writing on the forum to facilitate the reading? Thanks.

Hi Harmonie,
           Thanks for the quick reply.

Gaurav Chavda
Surat, India

Hi there,

Yes, non eec natives get free language courses. Can't remember the required hours they give.

Might be worth having a nosey around here: http://www.norway.no/temaside/tema.asp?stikkord=94139

There is a decent sized Indian contingent here, it might help workwise until you learn Norwegian. It's quite crucial in most industries here.

http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate … obseekers/

Jobs for foreigners in Norway

For foreigners however, the Norwegian job market is a different story, and they may find it difficult to find a job in Norway. Immigration into Norway has only grown in the last few years, and previously, Norway never had a tradition of immigration. This results in Norwegian employers feeling quite reluctant to hire foreigners.

Almost everyone in Norway is of Norwegian descent, which makes competition even more fierce for foreigners trying to find work there. Many foreigners in Norway report a general “fear of foreigners”. In comparison to Norwegian workers, it is usually much more difficult for foreigners to find work which corresponds to their education and their previous work experience. For example, doctors often have to repeat a lot of their coursework before finding a suitable job and engineers have been known to end up working as janitors.

sayemoslo wrote:

Jobs for foreigners in Norway

For foreigners however, the Norwegian job market is a different story, and they may find it difficult to find a job in Norway. Immigration into Norway has only grown in the last few years, and previously, Norway never had a tradition of immigration. This results in Norwegian employers feeling quite reluctant to hire foreigners.

Almost everyone in Norway is of Norwegian descent, which makes competition even more fierce for foreigners trying to find work there. Many foreigners in Norway report a general “fear of foreigners”. In comparison to Norwegian workers, it is usually much more difficult for foreigners to find work which corresponds to their education and their previous work experience. For example, doctors often have to repeat a lot of their coursework before finding a suitable job and engineers have been known to end up working as janitors.

About 1 in 10 people in Norway is an immigrant atm..and this does not cover the figure for people who might have taken up citizenship..so a slightly skewed look.

Most important, if you have a degree from outside of Europe or the US, it will most likely not be approved here, especially not for doctors, etc. But that's generally the rule across Europe and the US. Secondly, if you don't speak Norwegian, you might as well forget even bothering trying to come and find work. There are many jobs to be had for people who do not speak Norwegian I'm sure, but knowing the language gives you one up..and our largest immigrant group, Swedes, have no problem speaking Norwegian..they are the major competition and will be chosen if no norwegian is available, probably followed by any other northern european (germans, polish, etc).

There is a definite pecking order in terms of hiring individuals, and alot of it comes down to cultural differences not just socially, but also workwise.

Hello,

I want to apply for Job seekers visa for Norway but i am confused regarding the proof of Accommodation document to be given to embassy as they states that they cannot consider hotel booking so how to satisfy this requirement. Can anyboday share their experience that will hotel booking will do if not then how to secure house rental in norway.

Do reply as soon as possible.

Thanks

Dear Kamal,
           I last week I submitted my file to Norway Consultate, Mumbai.Kindly do one thing book any hostel accomodation throught booking.com. You can find it there.

Thanks.

Gaurav Chavda
Surat

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply. How many days hostel booking you have done as maximum no of days permitted 14 days i searched that on internet. Also will this be considered valid proof accommodation by the embassy?

do reply as i am finalizing the documents for submission.

Dear Kamal,
           I have all details at my home.I will reply you later in the evening.

Thanks.

Gaurav Chavda

ok plz reply but by today evening.

thanks

hi gaurav & kamal. how r u both. gud to see u in this form. n gaurav gud to hear tht u have applied for job seeker visa. i hve also applied. but let me ask u whn u have submitted ur application? pls send me exact date & month

Hello ktd,

can you plz tell me what document you have shown for accommodation? will hostel accommodation document will do? and for how many days you have done hostel accommodation?

I have applied on 26-07-2012, at Mumbai.
and you ?

Thanks.

Gaurav Chavda

ya kamal. hostel accommdation document will work while applying for visa. dont worry abt it.

Hello Ktd,

thanks for reply. for how many minimum days hostel accomodation needs to be done.

my 7th may, 2012. i have submitted my application for new-delhi.

15 days accommodation details i have mention in my application.

ktd wrote:

ya kamal. hostel accommdation document will work while applying for visa. dont worry abt it.

documentation that you are secured housing for the period the application covers. This can be a rental contract which covers the whole period of time you are applying for a residence permit for, or the deed (legal document proving ownership) for the housing. If you are going to live in somebody else's home you must hand in a written, signed confirmation from them, as well as your host's rental contract or the deed of his/her housing.  It is not sufficient to hand in a rental contract which covers a shorter period of time than the whole period of time you are applying for a residence permit for. It is also not sufficient to document that you have a hotel booking.

The rule has been changed.

For Accomodation, Hotel/hostel booking is not sufficient. People applied using booking.com etc are going to get a rejection letter

They need Accomodation confirmation for 6 months which is very difficult to get.

Please not this and ask any friend in Norway to send you the Acc. letter

Dear Rock,
         Thanks for the information. Kindly please send me link for the rules which shows that hotel bookings are note valid. B'se I dont know anybody in Norway.So, how can i made accomodation contract with anybody. please clarify this.

Thaks.

Gaurav

Gaurav,

Please check the below link
http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate … obseekers/

and I have seen a rejection letter because of hotel booking...

Dear Rock. thanks for your great suggestion but i have seen in website regarding the new rule of accommodation but new rule came in june month & i have applied in may month & when i submitted my application at that time their was no rule regarding the accommodation documents contract so what about the applicants who have applied b4 june?

Hello,

I want to apply for job seekers visa for norway, can you please tell me how can i secure rental aggrement. please reply to this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Guys,

I have submitted my documents for norway job seeker visa on aug27 at Delhi Norwegian Embassy.
I am totally confused whether rental agreement is mandatory. It seems hotel booking itself enough.

Dear all,
        I got rejection letter from Norwegian Consulate,New Delhi. The reason for rejection was related to accomodation. I already filled appeal for the same. Lets hope when will be the result come. I put hostel booking voucher in my file and b'se at that time no hosing agreement is required. After that rule, I also submit vouchers for 6 months hostel booking to consulate.

Lets hope when will be the result come.

Thanks.

Gaurav Chavda

Mr saemosolm
I want to come in norway as a job seeker visa.i had been compleat my graduation in BBA. any body help me

Hi! I am Obayead, B.Com(Hons) M.com(Accounting),University of Dhaka.Is it possible to me to come to Norway? Please Inform me about job seeker visa. If I will get a visa for 6 months,what kind of job may available?What about earning, expenses and balance for family? Haw can I arrange a sponsor?please send your mobile number and give me a chance to talk to you to learn true position of Norway.obayead 01718372247

Hi Dinislam! First you may visit to norway.bd.com

Hi! is there any person in Norway to arrange accommodation letter  against reasonable fee? how much? obayead 01718372247