Employment Contract

Hi All,

My employer sent me my offer letter a few days earlier. I was offered an a certain amount of total package which included basic salary + accommodation + travel etc.

Today I received my contract, actually "contracts".

Contract 1 is a basic contract about 40% of the total offered.
Contract 2 is worded as basic and a net amount which is the total amount offered originally.

The HR person says the Contract 1 (40% of original offer)
"For LMRA papers only basic salary is required however you will receive the Net salary which includes HRA etc from the company"

I am not happy to sign 2 contracts. The way I see it is the employer is not legally bound to pay me anything more than contract 1.

I am not very happy with the situation and at this very moment feel like calling the whole thing off.

Is this normal procedure? Or does this sound fishy?

Yes this is the normal Procedure :D . don't  worry ..

They need to upload a contract at time of New visa application , in that contract mostly all companies showing less basic salary ,Becoz Big basic salary = More Insurance charges company has to pay . :|

-- :whistle: But final decision is up-to u ..

mkd008 wrote:

Hi All,

My employer sent me my offer letter a few days earlier. I was offered an a certain amount of total package which included basic salary + accommodation + travel etc.

Today I received my contract, actually "contracts".

Contract 1 is a basic contract about 40% of the total offered.
Contract 2 is worded as basic and a net amount which is the total amount offered originally.

The HR person says the Contract 1 (40% of original offer)
"For LMRA papers only basic salary is required however you will receive the Net salary which includes HRA etc from the company"

I am not happy to sign 2 contracts. The way I see it is the employer is not legally bound to pay me anything more than contract 1.

I am not very happy with the situation and at this very moment feel like calling the whole thing off.

Is this normal procedure? Or does this sound fishy?

Contract 1 is the legal contract for the official use of the company; as you mentioned it includes a 40% of the original offer which is most probably your basic salary; you just need to make sure that accommodation, transportation, annual leave …etc. are mentioned in the contract as to be provided by the company; hence the contract is in full compliance with Bahrain Labour Laws; in this case you are covered and you don't have to worry.

I would call Contract 2 “An Employment Offer” as it is the one between you and the company for the internal use and includes a breakdown of what exactly you will be getting as agreed; in addition to your scope of work within the organization.

Hope other members can add their views as well.

All the best :)

Thanks for the advise Vido. I had a chat with my manager. They have given me a particular reason for making 2 contracts. I can only mention this in a PM, can I PM you please?

VidoDido wrote:

Contract 1 is the legal contract for the official use of the company; as you mentioned it includes a 40% of the original offer which is most probably your basic salary; you just need to make sure that accommodation, transportation, annual leave …etc. are mentioned in the contract as to be provided by the company; hence the contract is in full compliance with Bahrain Labour Laws; in this case you are covered and you don't have to worry.

I would call Contract 2 “An Employment Offer” as it is the one between you and the company for the internal use and includes a breakdown of what exactly you will be getting as agreed; in addition to your scope of work within the organization.

Hope other members can add their views as well.

All the best :)

mkd008 wrote:

can I PM you please?

Yup ... Most Welcome :)

It would have been useful if you could share it here anonymously instead of sending a PM but it's your call. I'm just saying this for the sake of other users.

Hi ,

Sorry for the late reply.

I had to get some legal advise, everythign looks fine as long as contract B is considered to be the updated contract as soon as Ijoin. I would not like to reveal too much, it is certainly not to do with GOSI, imagine an employer trying to cut a meagre amount of money, I wouldn't trust such a firm.

PM PM PM PM ???

most of people doing that
this is the normal Procedure  >>>>>  don't  worry

Nothing to worry about , thus is exactly the procedure in here, your interpretation o the terms and conditions should be this way.

I actually remember now that mine was the same. I had two contracts, one for internal and one for external purposes. It's all normal.