New Guy Here!!!!

Hey all.

Im a 21 year old from Toronto Canada who has recently become more and more passionate about Africa and traveling in general. I am an aspiring day trader. One of the perks of this job is that I will be able to live anywhere as long as there is an internet connection.

I am extremely interested in wildlife and conservation of species which are being negatively affected by our actions (big cats, chimps, gorillas ect). Many African countries interest me (Namibia, Botswana, SA, Uganda, Congo, Zambia ect to name a few), but Tanzania has really caught my eye as it really has almost all of the wildlife and environments you could ask for all in one country, plus an amazing coast.

It would be a dream to be privileged enough to travel to all of these countries and possibly live part time during the cold Canadian winter months in Tanzania or somewhere else.

I am very interested in learning more about these countries, meeting people who live or visit Africa and who have similar interests. I plan to visit within the next 2 years for the first time(probably Tanzania) to get an idea of what its like.

Thank you!
Jessie

Hello Jessie.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Tanzania forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Geeetings ThereAndBack

Its good to see that your more interested about Tanzania, I am a Tanzanian but currently studying in Malaysia. for sure it is really good to stay and visit abroad for some time, coz you will get to know a lot from different people than staying in the same area. Tanzania is the wild country has a lot of things to learn and visit am sure you will enjoy a lot.

Jessie

Karibu - Welcome to Tanzania if this is the country you choose to visit. It does have a lot of great things about it.

Having reliable internet connection might limit you to the main cities in Tanzania, and a generator would be a must with frequent power outages.

From some of the countries that you have listed, I would say that Tanzania is safer than some of those.

Would you be looking for a volunteer position with a non profit dealing with animal conservation or just live here for a few months out of the year? Depending on what type of lifestyle that you like, city vs. rural, there are definitely options.

Good Luck

Hi Jessie

Welcome to Tanzania!! Hakuna Matata!!

Tanzania has diverse number of wildlife species, from the small five to big five and very virgin environment for survival of wildlife.

This would definitely be a PLUS for you to share your own experience and learn more from Tanzanian wildlife expertise.

I grew up in Arusha, now I work part time in Tanzania and part time in the state and it has been great!! So you can do it!

Wish you good luck on your wildlife conservation endeavor.

Regards,

Dau