Rules for entree pass in Singapore

Hi everyone :)

I`m thinking to relocate to Singapore and was thinking about my own business for  a while. Since my husbands relatives have PR in Singapore we are thinking that it would be easier for us to open PLTD having local director and I would apply for EntreePass...
The question is if PR of Singapore opens a company and I want to apply as a foreign partner (director), does we are exempted from all those regulations usual for foreigners while opening PLTD? Like   Singapore based bank account with S $ 50, 000 paid-up deposit, have a relevant experience , 10 pgs business plan etc ect...

So what is the real procedure if PR of Singapore applying for Pltd if second director is foreigner willing to apply for entreepass?

thanks a lot for info ;)

Gintare

is your husband indian ? or from singapore ?
if ur husband is from singapore it will be easy for you .
if ur husband is indian , visa procedure is different

he`s indian..but is there any difference for him to apply for dependants visa?

The rules for starting a Pte. Ltd. are the same for everyone (check ACRA webpage). PRs count as "local" in these rules.
Foreigners can be shareholders (partner/director) in a Singapore-registered company. It is possible, but difficult to get a visa (Entrepass) based on that - basically, the company must show promise to bring business or employment (of locals) to Singapore.
Dependents Pass (DP) is given to direct line relatives (parents, children) only. People on DP are not allowed to work as self-employed or in their own company. They can apply for a Letter of Consent (LoC) from MoM and then work in another company as regular employee.

I read everything in ACRA :)...just wasn`t sure which rules to follow in my case.

"The business plan must also include a strategy to meet the requirements stipulated by the Ministry of Manpower demonstrating that your business venture, within a 1-year period, will meet the employment requirements of a minimum number of Singaporean or local staff, and a Total Business Spending (TBS) as follows:
•    P1 Pass – 8 local employees; TBS S$300,000
•    P2 Pass – 4 local employees; TBS S$150,000
•    Q1 Pass – 2 local employees; TBS S$100,000"

"Both P and Q1 Pass holders can apply for Dependant Pass for their:
•    Spouse
•    Unmarried children under 21 years of age
If you are an Employment or an EntrePass pass holder, your spouse is eligible to work in Singapore as adependant pass holder. However, the prospective employer is required to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) with the Ministry of Manpower. (Note: Not eligible for S pass Holders)

this is what you talking about as a "promise" to the government?..so they actually ask to write a business plan to show how you gonna to employ ppl?..what if that doesn`t happen as you planned?..they do not renew your EP?

GSiman wrote:

this is what you talking about as a "promise" to the government?..so they actually ask to write a business plan to show how you gonna to employ ppl?..what if that doesn`t happen as you planned?..they do not renew your EP?

Exactly!

so for how long they give EP?..1 year?

another thing I want to know how it is about getting a business loans...what proves banks wants?how big loan and for which period I could expect to get?

I Will make it simple for you .

singapore is one of the best places to work in the world .
If ur husband is working in a MNC say ,logisitic sector or banking sector which has a branch in singapore
it will be easy for you
Ask him to get a transfer . go for PEP and not EP
REASON :
. Unlike an Employment Pass (EP), which must be cancelled when the
pass holder leaves the employer,
the PEP is not tied to the employer and is granted on the
strength of the applicant's merit.
A PEP holder can remain in Singapore for up to six months
between jobs to evaluate new employment opportunities.

ALSO
From 1 July 2012, the Dependency Ratio Ceilings (DRCs) in the Manufacturing and Services sectors,
as well as the S Pass sub-DRC in all sectors will be reduced. The changes are:

•  Reduction of S Pass sub-DRC for all sectors from 25% to 20%;
   •  Reduction of Services DRC from 50% to 45%; and
   •  Reduction of Manufacturing DRC from 65% to 60%.

More measures levied on constructions sector includes a further reduction of Man-Year Entitlements (MYE) by 5% as well as a higher Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) of $650 for basic skilled Work Permit holders in the MYE-waiver category from 1 Jan 2013.

REMEMBER singapore is not india wherein people come in on tourist visa , work for 6 months and then leave . this is india . anything is possible .

But in singapore
Employers who hire foreigners without valid work passes can be prosecuted under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

advice : get into the following with regards to consulting
Oil
finance
shipping
logistics
its the worlds No1 logistics hub

the company where i work as a manager-HR, THE HEAD OFFICE is in
SINGAPORE .

Regards

thanks for advises, but it`s more teoretic than practically possible..Because of reasons u mentioned below...It`s very hard to get a job in Singapore while you`re not there or not having a permit to stay/work...Because as in all economical strong countries they have those huge bars for employers to employ foreigners...and most of the companies just doesn`t bother to do it...

My husband is working for Standart Chartered bank and spoke with his boss about transfer..Boss just told him to wait, because it`s tight with new places in Singapore...Somewhere else wouldn`t be a huge problem..That`s why I am looking for other ways...

And talking about India, if there are serious companies, how they employ ppl on student visas?..no way..I`m here almost a year and not eligible to work...serious companies doesn`t do it :)

and we a bit  to young to apply for PEP visa, because it requires at least 5 years work experience :)..a bit to much for ppl age 24 :)...I know that children starts go earlier to schools in India, but I graduated 2 years ago in my country:)

any other advises?:)

Siman
who told u its hard to get a job in singapore
there are around 1600 companies , indian , in singapore
40 % of the population are foreigners .

well, my uncle who stay there for 17 years said, so after me with husband applying for jobs for abut 6 months and getting 0 replies..have u actually practically tried to apply for jobs there?

So your actual goal is to move to Singapore, and the plan to start a business is just an excuse to get to that goal?
In that case, sorry, it won't work. The Singapore authorities are very aware of such excuses and skilled at seeing through them - your application will very likely be rejected!
But if you are serious about finding a job in Singapore, just go there for a few months and search. As you said, it is almost impossible to get any reply while still abroad, but things are better when you are there.
Also, if you are not Indian (ethnically - your citizenship does not matter), and especially if you are European or white American, your chances are much higher. (Yes, Singapore authorities are racist!)

HIT THE HAMMER ON THE HEAD ,Beppi , way to go

she thinks that it is the same as india .
SINGAPORE is not india .
IN singapore , if u are on tourist visa , and the visa duration is over you have to leave or the authorities make you leave
The rule says that Foreigners are not allowed to work while holding a tourist visa.

Simon : what do u mean : have you actually practically tried .. ?
are you making fun of me or insulting me ?

i didnt go to singapore on a business visa or tourist visa and tried finding jobs there. i was selected in india only .

many companies ,MNC'S come to india to recruit. read the papers .
they come here,conduct written trests , group discusssions  conduct interviews and then select candidates

if a singapore based company does not have a branch office in
india , then the management of that company sends staff in india to recruit. thats the way i was recruited . understood .

by the way , you mentionedin ur profile
you have been INDIA since november 2011.its been what 8 months.
May i ask ,are you on tourist visa ?
since your not employed and dont have your ur own business you are
defintetly not on employment or business visa.

TOURIST VISA is valid for 6 months.
how come ur in india on tourist visa for last 8 months when the tourist visa itself is valid  for 6 months ?
Foreign nationals who intend to stay in India for a period longer than 182 days,i.e. 6 months
or who have a visa for more than 6 months, will need to obtain a residence permit.

To do this, you have to register with the Foreigners' Regional Registration Office (FRRO)

have you applied to the FRRO ? does the FRRO know about you ?
tough questions right

Maradona: Don't assume people are planning illegal things unless you know for sure!
She nowhere said she intends to overstay any visa, neither in Singapore nor India.
I assume that even in India one could get a longer term visa based on being married to an Indian?

i am just stating facts.she has overstayed her visa.
read her profile carefully .
she is neither on employment or business visa.
you are right.
one can get longer term visa based on being married to an Indian
provided they have applied and got the residence permit.
i have many expat friends since many employees in my office r expats .
i have also hosted foreigners specially from UK US and france at my place .
i myself have worked in many countries.
but do remember there are around 11 million people living illegally in the US .
a coin has both sides and both sides should be introspected diligently
i hope i have inculcated this eloquently .

P.S. germany is my favourite football team and bayern munich my favourite club .
love your country man.

nice information

thanks mate
hows life in singapore ?
been a while now

what a weird question, maradona, did i Know FRRO :)..I registered after 11day coming to India..And I`m not on tourist visa, so I do not break any laws staying here..you should know that Europeans are much more responsible when it`s about law..I` studying here, so my visa is way much longer than 6 months...

another thing, I do not think that Singapore even close to India, if I would, my intense definitely woulnd`t be to go there..Lack or order, rules are just enormous here...

well, I see that this discussion going not the direction which would help me, so time to close it I think

Thanks for all smart and not so much comments
Gintare :)

i just stated the facts and the rules
i just told the truth.
i didnt write any smart comments .
just telling you know there are people living in india who come on tourist visa and never leave and work here without having residence or work permit . they dont have employment or business visa .
Anyways forget it
whats the point in cribbing .

since you need help , i can do this .:
if ur really serious mail me ur resume ar [email protected]

I am manager- HR for pan india
I will forward the resume to my friend in singapore
If there are job openings.will let you know

but will you be ready to shift to singapore without your husband
cause you told me you cant leave your husband .
also you wan to work or start your business . be Clear
also,
since ur hubby is in chartered bank , ask him to talk or mail to
Mr Sunil Kaushal regional chief executive, India & South Asia.
Kaushal moves from Taiwan, where he was president & CEO of Standard Chartered Bank Taiwan.

OR ask him to have a word with
Current CEO, Mr Neeraj Swaroop has relocated to SINGAPORE as
REGIONAL CHIEF EXECUTIVE for South East Asia
overseeing Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam .

All the best.

Mr Neeraj Swaroop has relocated to SINGAPORE as
REGIONAL CHIEF EXECUTIVE for South East Asia
overseeing Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam .
he will handle south east asia , EXCLUDING SINGAPORE. please note .