Looking for accommodation

Once again: Thanks Jaitch 

But I've been told to look for an agent? Cause all the offers on the internet have prices on the cloud. Where can I find such agents? I need to find a room or an appartment in Tan Binh District, where the airport is, I'm going to work for an aviation firm there! Thanks a ton! [Edited]

rojamin wrote:

Once again: Thanks Jaitch bloody much

But I've been told to look for an agent? Cause all the offers on the internet have prices on the cloud. Where can I find such agents? I need to find a room or an appartment in Tan Binh District, where the airport is, I'm going to work for Lufthansa there! Thanks a ton!

Well, charming 'lady', if you were to look at CraigsList it would:
1. Help you get a sense of prices/deals;
2. Help you get agent contacts because many post there.

Not many agents use paid advertising, so where else wold you find so many, so quickly? Not even PanPages.

Since your budget is $300 and agents generally get a months rent as rental commission, few will actively seek your business.

And remember, always get a receipt for money and go around your choice apartment very carefully with a camera taking pictures of damage with with the rental agent or landlord pointing at damage. It can save you a fortune later on.

Ask neighbours/shopkeepers if your street ever floods, real downer at times.

Finally, before signing the deal, visit the building during the day time and again at night to make sure the traffic or other noise is not too loud.

My appology Jaitch, it's not that I did not pay attention to what you wrote but noticed that I'm not an english native speaker, I searched for the tearm 'Craiglist' and it came out with other results. Did you mean an accomodation section on this site (it's as good as dead) or elsewhere? it's impossible to find a look-okay-room/appartment on the internet without a up-on-the-cloud-price

Hey,

To be honest craiglist is not really good if you're trying the find a house with other expats/ foreigners. Craiglists mainly shows you all the single bedrooms around HCMC.

Thats all.

im still tryin to find a house too

please do update this thread if you find anything!

Hi rojamin,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Ho Chi Minh City forum as you were off topic on the other discussion.

Thank you and good luck in your search.
Christine

In Tan Binh district, you can drive around Hoang Hoa Tham or Hồng Hà, Bạch Đằng street then look and ask people who live there Rojamin.
Some beautiful houses do not hang the "for rent" up but when I ask for the owner, they said yes, with beautiful room. Omg.
This is the place of aviation staffs. I used to live there and I think you will always have chances in those area.
It is the best way that help you not to get the prices on the cloud.
Gud luck charming '..' :P

Hi R,
I'm living near the aiport. And one of my friend has a very nice house, which is near the airport too, with many furnished rooms available for rent. So that I may help you to find a room if u still need one.
Contact me by my email [email protected]
Cya,

thanks guys for your suggestions, I will try it out.
@ Haley Huynh: Thanks, I'll contact you for the room as soon as I move out.