What's the best tourist friendly suburb to stay in Addis?

I am travelling from Sydney, Australia and this will be my first time to Ethiopia staying for three months (on tourist visa) and would like some local or expat advise on what's the best cosmopolitan location to stay at for a foreign tourist like myself.

I am young at heart, single and would like to experience Ethiopian culture too. Also, staying at a place close to shopping centres, restaurants and the nightlife. I also like to visit public gardens and or places of interests. A place close to public transport is important.

This is not linked to the above topic but is of value to me as
I am looking at spending US$150-200 per month to rent and/or may consider sharing accomm. with someone free spirited... A local or expat male (age 21-45)is preferable. If you are looking or know of someone who is looking please let me know via my personal message email [STAYFUN]. I will post this under the HOUSING section in this site too.

Welcome to the forum STAYFUN!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

i'm thinnking of movin to addis ababa, if u ould share some of your experience that would be great, thx.

Hi StayFun,

I'm glad you're coming over, and I'm sure you're going to have a great time.

The whole city has attractions of one sort or another, so there really is no CENTRAL Addis Ababa.

If you're going to spend $200 a month, why don't you just stay at a two or three star hotel or a lodge? There are no hassles in looking for a place and you get extra services.

Should you decide to immerse yourself in Ethiopian culture you can set out looking for a place from the hotel/lodge.

I hope all works out well and you have unforgettable memories.

Regards,

D.E.

STAYFUN wrote:

I am travelling from Sydney, Australia and this will be my first time to Ethiopia staying for three months (on tourist visa) and would like some local or expat advise on what's the best cosmopolitan location to stay at for a foreign tourist like myself.

I am young at heart, single and would like to experience Ethiopian culture too. Also, staying at a place close to shopping centres, restaurants and the nightlife. I also like to visit public gardens and or places of interests. A place close to public transport is important.

This is not linked to the above topic but is of value to me as
I am looking at spending US$150-200 per month to rent and/or may consider sharing accomm. with someone free spirited... A local or expat male (age 21-45)is preferable. If you are looking or know of someone who is looking please let me know via my personal message email [STAYFUN]. I will post this under the HOUSING section in this site too.