Is this salary enough for a family of 4?

Hi,
I'm currently based in Auckland,NZ and considering a job offer in Bahrain for an IT company. They are offering me the below
Salary - 2100
Fixed Component of the salary - 1470/month and the
variable would be 630 BD /month
HAP - 50 BD
Car Allowance - 160 BD
++ school allowance - 80% of the school fees
++ Extra 1 month leave and 13th month salary -

Let me know if this is sufficient to stay comfortably( I know its a broad term) in Bahrain. How much money can I look to potentially save in a month?  My kids are aged 8 yrs and 3 yrs old and would need schooling as well. How much expenditure would I need to shell out towards
Rent - ? BD( Needs to be in a safe and good locality)
School - ? BD (company agrees to pay 80% of the school fees)
Transportation - Car - ? BD (How much BD /mth for the car lease)
Food and other living expenses - ? BD

Many thanks in advance for your inputs.

- SR

Hi raj1977 and Welcome to the Forum,

There are many similar posts in the Forum related to the same subject and can give you valuable information in this regard; kindly have a look at these posts and feel free to let us know in case the information you are looking for are not available; would be glad to help :)

In General I would say that various parameters can affect on your expenditures in Bahrain depending on your lifestyle. Here you go Link to one of the similar posts as mentioned above.

I hope other members can answer some your questions/concerns

Regards,

Well, I did browse through but really didn't get any convincing response. Any response to my specific query would really help.
Thanks
REgards
Sarang

raj1977 wrote:

Hi,

Let me know if this is sufficient to stay comfortably( I know its a broad term) in Bahrain.

I think you should be fine with the salary you mentioned!!!

How much money can I look to potentially save in a month?  My kids are aged 8 yrs and 3 yrs old and would need schooling as well.

How much expenditure would I need to shell out towards
Rent - ?  Between 500-700BD you can get a good apartment in a good location ( Needs to be in a safe and good locality)

School - ? BD (company agrees to pay 80% of the school fees) I have no ideas about school fees in Bahrain ... Sorry Mate :)

Transportation - Car - ? (How much BD /mth for the car lease) Between 150-200BD/Month you can get a reasonable car!!!  

Food and other living expenses - ? Per adult I would say an average of 100BD/Month can cover groceries and such stuff; if you will consider eating outside and entertainment of course the figure I mentioned will go much higher ;)

Many thanks in advance for your inputs.

PS. The figures mentioned above are indicative and might go higher or lower depending on your lifestyle.

Hope this Helps :)