Internation Driving license

Hi,
I am from India, i could not make international driving license from india due to time constraint. i am checking on net where i can get US international driving license,

1 Can  use US internation driving license in Saudi

2 How i am sure that the license which i am getting is valid here and its not fake??

Getting international US DL is found on net and i spoke to guy he has sent all the application and some chagers to do this(charge is less)

any help plz

Rgds
Kishor

Kishor,

The int driving license is only valid for 3 months in KSA, if your working here after which period you will need a KSA drivng license.

The KSA driving license is not a difficult process.

that is still good to know. I will be getting mine before i come over, Cannot get a DL in saudi with my company until AFTER 3 months

i am from india i am dont have internation DL from India. someone getting license from US(which is internaltion DL) which is valid for a year in those country which is part UN any any idea on these.

is it possible to check that license is valid here or how much Real is that license can we check in saudi ??

They accept it if you are on a visit visa or didn't get iqama yet. Once you get the iqama, International DL will not be accepted any more. The rule is same as in UAE.

i am coming from pakistan with international liecense and i can drive any car rented or leased or friends for 3 months max. and before 3 months i should get a local KSA liecense. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG?
Also advise how to get a KSA liecense? do i have attend a school? Thanks to advise

3 Months is indirectly true.

- If you come on a visit visa, somewhere the visa is for 90 days max and you can use the IDL.
- If you come on a work visa, the visa is for 90 days and you have to have your iqama within that period. Again: you can use the IDL.
- If you are on a business visa, you have to move out after 30/60 days (as visa says). Again: you can use the IDL during that time.

So 90 days presumption is somehow true. Once your iqama is issued, you HAVE to get the Saudi License. Do bring your pk license along and do some pratice on your own on the LHD (left hand drive). If you are good, you'll clear the test and can get the Saudi license in 1 day. If you fail, they'll enroll you to their school.

More on drv license here in the Guides section: https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … di-arabia/

my wife got a job at pnu and i will look for a job after arrival. Can a women lease a car for her husband although women not allowed to drive?

rizwan2000 wrote:

my wife got a job at pnu and i will look for a job after arrival. Can a women lease a car for her husband although women not allowed to drive?

Yes, women can lease/own cars on their iqamas.

Is it possible to drive with only a UK license ?
If not, how fast is it to convert to a Saudi License or to get an IDL locally ?

Thx,

GrahamRead wrote:

Is it possible to drive with only a UK license ?

Yes For first few months !!

GrahamRead wrote:

If not, how fast is it to convert to a Saudi License or to get an IDL locally ?

Thx,

If you have a UK DL and Luck with you, You can get Saudi DL in a day !!

Lol.
Even with a visit visa ?
Where can i phone to get details on the process.

GrahamRead wrote:

Even with a visit visa ?

No way with the Visit Visa can you get the Saudi DL !! I assumed that you will be having a valid Resident Permit...

GrahamRead wrote:

Lol.
Even with a visit visa ?
Where can i phone to get details on the process.

Mate, if you are coming over for a visit no need to bother for the Saudi DL. You can drive around on the fantasy pink license of yours.. :)

For those who are here on Residence Permit (like myself) I got my Saudi DL in 5 hours at Riyadh centre (ofcourse with Pinkie in my hand).

For those having British/Ameircan/Canadian/EU DL, getting a Saudi DL is piece of cake.

cheers man
I'll keep my little pink thing with me at all times.

Iam living in the riyadh,I am going to the US on Visit visa, how is that I can drive a car in there in the US?? Please advise