Geneva tour

hi!! any tips on how to explore well geneva? what famous places to see? restaurants to look for? is it advisable to go to venice & rome by train from geneva? need your inputs and i do hope to hear from you all soon. thanks in advance :)

Hi Gwapo_026,

You will find Geneva is a small place and Generally Switzerland is a small country. Hope you will enjoy your trip there. You will also notice how clean the place is too :)

This link will give you a rough guide of what to see in Geneva.

Hope others can advise you on the restaurants and travel to Venice and Rome.

Good Luck,
Jaz

Hi Jaz,

Thanks a lot :)

R u Filipina?  Ur working in Bahrain?  When did you last visit Geneva, do you have plan to go there this July?

Best regards,

Gwapo

Hello Kabayan,

I've been to Geneva in August 2008 and the place is great and clean too. I stayed in Crozet, France which is only near the border of Geneva. My point of entry was in Geneva since it is very near the place I stayed, and most of the time do the shopping there and visit restaurants too [mind you, its very expensive in Europe... ]

You can visit the United Nations and they are open for tourists. Visit also Ariana Museum and Plainpalais Flea Market which you can buy antiques, vintage clothing, in other words maraming mga second hand items.

I went to Montreaux, Switzerland and visited one of the castles "Chateau de Chillon."

About going to other part of Schengen countries like Italy, yes you can go by train but unfortunately wasn't able to experience it.

Hope you find this a little help of information. Goodluck!

@Gwapo - You're welcome for the info.
Yes, I work in Bahrain and I'm from the UK and not Filipina :cool:

I visited Geneva in the year 2007 and 2008. Although it was for a short visit each time, i did liked it there.  I dont think i'll be going there this July :(  Hope you will enjoy your trip there.. :cool:

Regards
Jaz

:D

@eddamylene -  thank you so much.  keep that in mind.

gonna be there this July and i really wanted to visit Italy at the same time.

@jazzy851- OMG, sorry. i thought ur a Filipina. :(

btw, i am from Riyadh and i often visits Bahrain... really love that place coz it is a free country unlike Saudi Arabia. I used to go there every other month just to watch movies, to get drunk and eat pork. hehehe...

R u from London? I've been there last year, I did enjoy my short stay there, one of the best places I ever see so far.  Much much better than in Paris & Brussels coz people are so great, approachable and accomodating.

Regards,

Gwapo

Gwapo,
Good to hear you had a good time in Bahrain during your visits, even if you were getting drunk :lol::cheers:
Yep am from UK, London is one of the multi-cultural places you will find in Europe. ;)
Hope you will enjoy your trip to Switzerland - as Eddamylene mentioned its abit on the expensive side, but worth the experience.
Enjoy your trip - 

J

Hello! Is there any filipino/filipina in Switzerland? I'm planning to go to Switzerland for 5 days on August. I might be staying in Lausanne. If there is any kababayan out there.. hope to meet u there. And can you give me some tips on how to go from Switzerland to France or Switzerland to Italy . How much should be the budget? from hotel, food & transpo. Looking forward for your response.

have a nice day.