La Serena info anyone?

I am looking at a possible job in La Serena Chile and was wondering what the area is like?
Accomodation for Expats? Things to do and see and general area info on supermarkets, resteraunts and Movies etc?
Pretty much anything at all would be helpful!
Thanks

Andy,
I have just sent a quick reply to you on our website greenchilegardens.com if you have a look at the info on that site and look at the article within the site Walking Tour of La Serena/Coquimbo we can talk again.

look forward to speak to you

best wishes

Patricia

La Serena is one of the most beautiful cities in Chile, because people is very nice, is front the sea, is cheap to rent and live, is near to Valle del Elqui a place where there is a lot of wine  and "Pisco"(national alcoholic drink) Companies, its very magic cuz you can feel something great in your soul there due to electrical area. Ah! and is near to Coquimbo, good food there!

Good Luck

Hi AndyJacks,

I've been living in La Serena for about 2 months now, and I think its an awesome city. The transportation (shared colectivo taxis and city buses) is easy to use, efficient and covers all areas of La Serena and Coquimbo. There are quite a lot of supermarkets and there's a good-sized mall near downtown La Serena. Home-style bodegas are very popular so you can always get fresh bread or snacks within walking distance, no matter where you are. There are lots of ferias for produce on different days of the week. There's a good variety of pubs and bars if you're looking for them, from working-class dives to student-filled karaoke bars. The weather here is mild - typically cloudy in the morning but turns to sun in the afternoon, and it hardly ever rains according to the locals. I've found the people to be warm, jovial and friendly. So far I have never felt to be in danger even walking around downtown during early hours. I hope this information helps!

- Ren, 25, from the U.S.A.