Some thing to do....

ok i know its gonna be an idiotic post but i wanna know what you guys and gals do in your free time...

for me its either fishing or going on the road to take some boring picture...

and please dont post that i go to work i mean we all know its a working city but hey some time we need to let out some self a steam am i right :cool: so whats yours :D

alsyaf wrote:

ok i know its gonna be an idiotic post but i wanna know what you guys and gals do in your free time...

for me its either fishing or going on the road to take some boring picture...

and please dont post that i go to work i mean we all know its a working city but hey some time we need to let out some self a steam am i right :cool: so whats yours :D

Wow.. you're a SAUDI and you say there's nothing to do?  Saudi's I know spend all their free time with their families or watching football--or sleeping!--and never complain of boredom.  Guess you're different?  :)

For me, I knew I'd be a good candidate for KSA because I don't need a lot of external stimulation.  I read--I listen to music--watch videos--experiment cooking with different recipes--clean my apt (not my fav. activity, though)--email friends--update facebook--chat on skype--sometimes meet up with friends to go out to eat--once in a while go shopping if there is something I need--go to the gym--take long, luxurious bubble baths--do laundry--sometimes go on outings (for example, to the National Museum).

Anyway, none of this stuff is terribly exciting and I wouldn't want to rely on it for a lifetime but for the time I'm here, all combined, it suffices.

Good luck!

thats true i'm saudi and all but when you want to lose some steam you wanna do some thing interesting like a hobby any way good activities you got there Alliecat....

and another thing you got to know i have been abroad i know what you guys are going through and believe it or not i want to go back to that life :P

alsyaf wrote:

i have been abroad i know what you guys are going through and believe it or not i want to go back to that life :P

I know many Saudis through my job and have come to know some quite well.  I've had a few tell me that I'm lucky because I can leave this place while they're basically stuck here.  Many have told me they'd like to return to a western lifestyle.  You know, it's not that we're wild or crazy in the west--it's that we have the freedom to choose.  I think that's the difference.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Alliecat wrote:

It's not that we're wild or crazy in the west--it's that we have the freedom to choose.  I think that's the difference.

I totally agree!

Alliecat wrote:

I read--I listen to music--watch videos--experiment cooking with different recipes--clean my apt (not my fav. activity, though)--email friends--update facebook--chat on skype--sometimes meet up with friends to go out to eat--once in a while go shopping if there is something I need--go to the gym--take long, luxurious bubble baths--do laundry--sometimes go on outings (for example, to the National Museum).

This is what most of us do around here. Well, just to make it more interesting, next time I cook some adapted home recipes I'll share some with you if you're into mexican of course.

juangcr wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

I read--I listen to music--watch videos--experiment cooking with different recipes--clean my apt (not my fav. activity, though)--email friends--update facebook--chat on skype--sometimes meet up with friends to go out to eat--once in a while go shopping if there is something I need--go to the gym--take long, luxurious bubble baths--do laundry--sometimes go on outings (for example, to the National Museum).

This is what most of us do around here. Well, just to make it more interesting, next time I cook some adapted home recipes I'll share some with you if you're into mexican of course.

I was pretty good at Tex-Mex at home. Something I really liked to do was homemade quesadillas on the grill!  That smokey flavor was really nice.  Yum! Yum!

BTW, I'm surprised to hear you like long, luxurious bubble baths, too :lol:

well i'm not sure for them what is the meaning of freedom but for me the country is ok but when you have a family on your own i mean or when you are a women :P ...

for a single saudi guy your all ways get those looks you know like you are a rapist or a serial killer and while your walking with your friends your thugs i mean WTF..

any way were getting off topic here oh and i was abroad in Malaysia so i have no idea of the western culture

OK, no more grills and baths stuff :(

juangcr wrote:

OK, no more grills and baths stuff :(

:sosad:

For me it's differ from summer to winter, in summer, I teach diving in my diving shop arranging diving trips and fishing trips in Jubail, in winter I rid horses, do sport, go fishing, travel, go camping in desert, photography,

Alliecat wrote:

You know, it's not that we're wild or crazy in the west--it's that we have the freedom to choose.  I think that's the difference.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Good point! Very true!