Guide for business trip

Hi,
I am planning a trip (3 of us) to Morocco. We fly into Casablanca, then travel to Essaouria area to look for women cooperatives involved in the production of Argan oil. I know many manufacturers claim to be cooperatives but actually use machine so that's why we want to buy from the actual cooperatives themselves. This will mean a trip to Essaouria or near the town of Tafraout where there are a number of cooperatives.

Is anyone familiar with this able to recommend a good local guide who can show us around. Specifically someone familiar with where all the argan oil cooperatives are.

Kenny

Hi Kenny and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to post an advert in Morocco classifieds > Jobs section, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

I know that you can find them in Tafraout for sure. It is farther south from Essaouira though. You really do not need a guide if you are going to the source, cause once you get to Tafraout you can just ask around and they will take you where you can actually witness the women grinding the stuff they way they been doing it for generations.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked the map and found Tafraout to be quite close to Adanir. I will post a classified to see if I can find a good guide.

when are you planning your visit for?

April 21st