Getting married in Palestine

Hi all,

We invite all the ones who got married in Palestine or who are about to get married in Palestine to participate in this thread :)

What are the formalities to get married in Palestine? Is it the same for a couple of foreigners of for a mixed couple (between a foreigner and a native of Palestine)?

Are the procedures complicated?

How long does it take to carry out all the formalities?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Armand

yes i want!!!

Hello ELIZA ABDDALA and welcome to Expat.com!

These are general questions. :)

Do you have some informations to share with us on how to get married in Palestine?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi all,

A foreigner must check with his embassy in order to complete the marriage process. They have to issue a letter basically saying that don't mind their citizen to get married in the foreign country. I know it's weird but sadly this is the case. Then the embassy will direct you a step by step on paper work that has to be done with the local authorities.

I hope my answer was helpful.
Moataz

Thank you for your help Moataz! :)

Aurélie

you are more than welcome Aurélie :)

I would like to marry a Palestinian man.  From the above posting, I am wondering if my embassy could deny my request. 

Does anyone know if that is a possibility?

Thank You. :)

your embassy wont deny it, who could deny it is israel mxxxx.

But really.. Is there a problem for a stranger to get there? In this case, a girl to get married to a Palestinian guy? Don't tell me that Israelians don't allow to cross a border? :(