Seriously considering moving to Panama

Me - My name is Bob, I'm 64, recently single, physically fit, SS income of 1400+, been having no success in finding work in the SF Bay Area. I have a long work history of telecommunication sales. The good old USA is far too expensive for me, and I don't see that changing.

I have very friendly 6 yr old Malamute/Husky dog I'd like to bring with me eventually, but not on my scouting trip!

Looking for a temporary - 1 month or longer place with established ex-pat(s) to acclimate to see if Panama is really "right" for me. My Spanish is very basic, but I'm sure that if I'm living in Panama, I'll eventually get fluent, and will work on it. I'd lke to live somewhere that I'd have the opportunity to have daily contact with Panamanians, and not be in a gated ex-pat community.

I'm friendly, outgoing, - a neat, clean, responsible individual with interests which include playing music - guitar and piano, cooking, reading, watching sports (especially baseball - longtime Yankee fan).

I'm open to to living alone, but would prefer sharing home with others, both for financial and social reasons. Not really interested in apartment living. I'd like to have easy access to getting my toes in the grass or sand.

Hope to make some contacts here.

More later...

Hello Bob and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

For the accommodation, you may also post an advert in Panama classifieds.

Harmonie.

Hello Bob, My name is Erick, I am new to the forum. If you are really going to retire in Panama, I might be able to help you find a house to buy for very low money. Starting at 12K for a fixer upper walking distance to the beach.
My contact info is [email protected]

Hi Erick,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please introduce yourself?

Just to remind that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you