Playa coronado

Hello everyone!  My husband and I will be going to playa coronado on Sept.13th for two weeks. We are looking for any info on interesting places to go, good places to eat...etc.

Thank you in advance for your info!

Hi.  Are you speaking of Playa Coronado, Panama?  I spent 4 weeks there Oct/Nov '10.  I thought it was beautiful but very quiet.  Having a car would be ideal but be careful with the rentals.  The insurance they require you to buy is a rip off.  My favorite restaurant was Cholos, right on the main highway.  It was run by an American surfer and his Panamanian wife.  Delicious food.  We took a few day trips to El Valle as well.  The street market was great there was a restaurant/hotel right downtown - Brushetta I think.  Have fun.

Thank you so much for the info on Playa Coronado, Panama!

Ha, I was gonna mention Cholos. That's my favorite Mexican restaurant in Panama. They make their own sauces too, which are amazing.

My advice to you, especially if you're planning to move to the area, is to contact Mike Vuytowecz at Inside Panama Realty. His office is right there in Coronado, in the shopping center that's behind KFC. He's an American who knows a lot about Panama, especially the Coronado area. His website is: http://www.insidepanamarealestate.com/ and his office phone number is 507 6756-5850. The website says their location is: The Village Mall, Coronado, #43

I think his company also runs some sort of tour thing too, so they might be able to set you up with some sightseeing stuff.

If you'd consider living in a smaller expat town, one that's not as developed as Coronado, so it's much more affordable at the moment, you should definitely check out Pedasi. There's a lot of new development going on there so you have the chance to get in on the ground floor. My friends Dennis and Christie are opening the first condo there. They're great people and will definitely show you around that area if you stop by. Pedasi's my favorite place in Panama right now. You can get in touch with Dennis and Christie at the following email: [email protected]

I'd definitely take a trip out to Pedasi while you're in town. They have an expat bar that has a live band Tuesdays and Friday nights. From there you can take a boat over to Isla Iguana or visit one of the three beaches in the area. The owner of the Pedasito hotel, Avihai David (just goes by David) is really cool too. He's opening a brand new housing community out there. I'm dying to move out there, but my wife likes being in the city near her family. :(

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip.

Chris

casadepaz wrote:

Hello everyone!  My husband and I will be going to playa coronado on Sept.13th for two weeks. We are looking for any info on interesting places to go, good places to eat...etc.

Thank you in advance for your info!

Check out Mamma Mia, it's great.
panamanlife.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/mamma-mia-new-italian-restaurant/

Thank you so much for the recommendation!  Can you tell me where in Coronado it is located?

It's located little pass Coronado on Pan-American highway on the right side, just before San Carlos.

So how did your trip go and what were your impressions? My family and I will be going in late April to Coronado Panama.

I hope I am not bothering you but really need some direction. My wife and I with our 3 kids are working toward moving to Panama in the Coronado area or a little further west to avoid some of the growth we are hearing about in Coronado. However, we have blogged a couple of times trying to find expats with kids. Our are 6, 9 and 12 and I am trying to talk to families who have done this already. Can you point us in right direction or give us some contacts that can help? We plan on renting for first 6 to 12 months and buying once we are sure where we want to stay. I am flying over in October to do more on the ground research. We would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kerley5

Gene Kerley

Hi,

My husband, Bill, and I will arrive in Coronado on Sept 17th for a month.

Would be happy to meet with you. Perhaps we could explore the area together.

Nancy

Cholos is a good Mexican restaurant in Coronado. I hear good things about La Teca restaurant (upscale) and about the cafe above Mota Wines. Picasso's is a good place to drink and party. El Valle is a nice mountain town with many activities 45 minutes away.

That would be great. Stay in touch and we will plan when how as soon as I book flight so I know exacts.

Thanks,

gene

Hi there, my husband and I are coming to Playa Cornado for Nov 1st for a month with the hopes of looking for accommodations for a long tern rental for the winter months.  Looking for support, meeting new folks, and having fun.  Looking for information, and how to survive the heat :)
Looking forward to meeting folks as we are staying at the Cornado Bay building.

Please let us know if you are going to be in the area and we would love to get together for drinks~

The count down is on\~~

Hi there, I have my cousin and his wife living at Coronado Bay, I will be going in May and December..

Visit Picasso and Chacho grill.l, great places

Vincent.

@Vicenteaquino

you will be Very Welcome to Panama!  anything you will need just write to my email here.

Mery Guerin

Hi Mary, thank you for the support. Yes, I am in the process of buying a house in Coronado, I would like to live there and work part-time.

Saludo,

V.

Good morning Vicent,  how are you today?  thank for your message.   I have a house selling in Santa Clara  Beach , is a beautiful house .  is 30 miniutes from Coronado.   I can send the pictures if you have WhatsApp.  my is *** how old are you?  are you in Panama already? Mery

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Mery, thank you for replying. I am already in the process of getting a house in Las Lajas, Chame. I am 60.

Please send me the pictures of your house to show to my friends. My phone*** (what's up)

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

oh wha a pity.  ok i will send the pictures.    thanks