Work visa, job offer

Hello my name is Adam , I am an Australian living in Malmö Sweden on a permanent residence/work visa . I have recently recived a job offer in Copenhagen for 160 hours a month. My employers told me to apply for a work permit but when I went to the immigration department they told me it will be a 3 month wait . My employer responded by saying this is not right and other Aussies they have employed have recieved itmuch quicker . Who is telling the truth , is it possible to get it quicker and how ( my job is not on the list of work shortage proffesions iam a chef ) 

Thankyou

Did you called the office here? if they told you 3 months might be true since we applied for extension visa last year end of May and is still on working. Go figure !!The only good part is that we can still work until the papers are in the process.

Good luck to you

I can confirm that the whole process of getting a work permit here is a long one primarily because the immigration department are heavily backlogged. Extension permits renewals can take upto a year and new ones upthttps://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?tid=147205o 5 months

Hi,I hv applied for GREENCARD frm India.it has bn 14mnths that they hv nt responded.My category was there in positive list still they taken such along time.Now I hv lost hope of getting it.My rs.1,00,000(1700$) areblocked.

:D World without Borders for all humans

You must be believe to immigration department. Job visa will be get about 03 months to get visa.........

@Aussieinmalmö
Hi how did this work out?, I am now in the same position
From Australia living in Malmo with a swedish temporary residents permit... I have just received an offer of employment from a Danish company and I am now trying to work out if i require a visa for work only and not living.

Thankyou,

Hello Drpearly and welcome to Expat.com!

Just to inform you that this is an old thread. You may start a new topic on the Copenhagen forum.

Thank you