Wifi

Hi all, I'm Todd, brand new to Dammam. I am from Atlanta, GA., USA.
I am looking for the fastest wi-fi.  Any advice?  Go, Mobily??

Thanks,
Todd

Mobily & stc best wifi service in ksa :top:

'GO' (Atheeb) is not good to go with any more. Their service in the recent period has been ........:rolleyes:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

'GO' (Atheeb) is not good to go with any more. Their service in the recent period has been ........:rolleyes:

Maybe it depends on where you live.  I've been with them for 8-9 months and service is fine, much better than my neighbor is getting with Mobily.

Yes, right. This is the dark side of all the WiFi services. There are many factors involved like your distance from the nearest booster, considerable concrete/other things to hinder the elctromagnetic waves etc etc....

Not only me, a few friends also feel that their service level has dropped down a lot. STC landline remains the best.

I was using Mobily in Riydah and it was fine.  Using the same router here in Dammam and it's really slow.

Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Maybe it depends on where you live.  I've been with them for 8-9 months and service is fine, much better than my neighbor is getting with Mobily.

My neighbor is getting with Mobily..whats  that :P

wilson_derry wrote:

My neighbor is getting with Mobily..whats  that :P

:dumbom:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I am also using GO - and have been a loyal customer for the past...2 years?...but i guess, it's time for me to let GO :rolleyes:

The only plus i can give 'em is the ease of set-up...
even so, GO has not improved in their coverage areas...

..As for STC - i have horrid experience when it comes to customer service :mad:

Popolocroix wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

I am also using GO - and have been a loyal customer for the past...2 years?...but i guess, it's time for me to let GO :rolleyes:

The only plus i can give 'em is the ease of set-up...
even so, GO has not improved in their coverage areas...

..As for STC - i have horrid experience when it comes to customer service :mad:

I agree with your comment for STC, once i called their 24x7 customer care services @ 2am in the morning and the guy on the other side told me in the harsh voice, pls look at your clock and see what the time is !!! :(
Cant be a brand ambassador of such a company !!:P

saimans wrote:

I agree with your comment for STC, once i called their 24x7 customer care services @ 2am in the morning and the guy on the other side told me in the harsh voice, pls look at your clock and see what the time is !!! :(
Cant be a brand ambassador of such a company !!:P

:mad:

STC is government owned and you know goods and bads about such organizations.

One major good: They are made of money and always on the move to invest keeping their equipment & services upto the mark.

And one major bad: The customer service sucks. After all, the call center is all 'govt. employees'.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

And one major bad: The customer service sucks. After all, the call center is all 'govt. employees'.

The customer service is non-existent.. But, for me, the service hasnt failed me much. the usual drops sometimes, but then the equipment is good. and the speed is decently stable as well.
Mobily, not a big fan at all.. services have been going up and down and fluctuates too much for you to use it for any considerable amount of time.
"Go"- is alright if you are in a fairly decongested area of Riyadh. Know a villa that has go, 4 families, and all work fine.

So the choice does come down to how much you use, where you use and if you want a fixed line or not..