Weight Training in the Gym

We all know that the overall life style of KSA is highly comfy; that helps us developing a lot of extra ugly-looking body fat (which is fun-easy to put on but extremely hard to get rid of).

A good number of mates here are 'gymmers' and I guess many of them are trying to reduce (or maintain) weight. I'm excited about my recent HUGE achievement and would like to share a few tips.

1-It's great to have a partner but it's NOT that necessary trust me. If your partner happens to be lethargic (like mine), you'll end up losing efforts and time only (like I did whole last year). The main thing we have to understand is that exercising is a necessity rather than a luxury. Must invest on your health and stay fit. This will pay us back in the long run. Having a partner doesn't really matter.

2-Almost all over-weight people can lose a couple of kilograms in just a few days (don't be happy :) ). Unfortunately, in most cases you are just losing water that comes back in a week or so when you quit. Make sure you lose FAT not WATER.

3-Hit the nail on the head: make your training instructor-led ONLY. A blunder almost everyone does is to surf net and do that the gym. My advice is to look for a good & sincere instructor in the gym and discuss your plans with him. If you are a smoker, do tell me you do. Ask him for a plan and an easy to follow diet plan.

I'm not recommending hiring a dedicated instructor though. It's really not needed.

4- It's not good to be on days long diet plans (without a parallel work-out). Cleveland plans or whatever; they yield you nothing. Again: lose FAT not WATER coz water will get back soon. Why torture yourself?

It's better to say good-bye to cheesy mouth-watering fatty things for some time. Lower & keep your BMI (Body Mass Index) to 25 and then you are good to go with eating EVERYTHING you like.

5- You CAN exterminate that noxious tummy and ugly love handles. Consistency and being sincere to yourself are the keys.

Thoughts???

Happy Gymming!

I think #4 could use a bit of an expanding.

Eat regularly with moderate portions. Less meat and more veg/fruits.
Try to pack your own meals instead of take-out.

But do reward yourself every now and then with a nice cheesy pizza.

I agree with most of what you said.

Hoever, the following must be on attainment of BMI =< 25 :) [Reward]

erich214 wrote:

But do reward yourself every now and then with a nice cheesy pizza.

back in India I had reduced from 103 kgs to 81 kgs in a span of 4yrs almost with cardios. But after reaching in Saudi i have gained 9 kgs in 4 months.... :(

feeling really bad about it.. The frequency of the gymming is severely reduced and diet intake is gone horribly wrong....

Just started with my Running again. I would say discipline is must for reducing weight.

i will share more n more .... its pretty late now !!!

9 Kgs in 4 months is so bad mate.

The jogging/running will help lose weight in over-all. My instructor asked me not to do it yet; because all I need to do is to focus on the abdomen and lower back.

Hello all,regarding the 2 last numbers I think that diet is almost as delicate as getting the proper routine and should be also customized according to your goals. A good example would be the so desired six pack: they are a good sign about how disciplined you are because the body uses to keep fat on that area and cover them, even if you're fit. In this case you wanted to burn all these waist calories with regular cardio and you have to "cheat" your body by making it busy with long-term digestion food such as proteins (so you won't get munchies and be tempted every 2 hours), reduce blank calories which will be most probably stored and have your regular veggies as well. If you are trying to achieve more strength and volume you might need extra calories because you ought to get extra tissue and it cost a lot of energy to generate it.

Anyhow, exercise will keep everyone healthy, reduce stress, improves mood and (why not?) ladies will appreciate this kind of commitment too. Enjoy your workouts.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

9 Kgs in 4 months is so bad mate.

The jogging/running will help lose weight in over-all. My instructor asked me not to do it yet; because all I need to do is to focus on the abdomen and lower back.

And to top of that Got Hamstring Pull... Things are getting worse !!!

:lol:

C'mon guys, re-read my point#3, don't create a plan yourself. Talk to a professional.

I just gave an example of what I heard from trainers during college, everything's cool...

How do I know if I am burning water and NOT fat? Is it the excercises that I am doing?

Been a while since I used what i was supposed to have learnt at college but if I remember correctly, anaerobic is more for muscle tone/build - you need to be working aerobic to reduce fat, keeping your heart rate at around 65-75% of your max heart rate for prolonged periods  ... you dont burn water?? you lose it through sweating but theres nothing to burn if your drinking plain water (not that flavoured crap) there are no calories. What ever is in there is used up simply by processing the stuff its so small.

Yes, you are right. 65%-75% of heart beat can be attained by aerobics or heavy cardio and that's the most effective way to lose fat.