Doing business in Rwanda

Hi,

are foreign investors welcome in Rwanda?

Is it complicated to register a company in Rwanda? What is the procedure?

What is the corporate tax rate in Rwanda?

Is it easy to recruit?

Any advice you would share with us?

Thank you very much for your participation,

Julien

Hey Julien! foreign investors are warmly welcome to Rwanda!!

Let me know if I can help you.

Cheers.

Hi Michael29m,

Maybe you could help us by giving some more information on the forum here so that other members can benefit from it.

Thank you for your help.
Christine

Michael29m wrote:

Hey Julien! foreign investors are warmly welcome to Rwanda!!

Let me know if I can help you.

Cheers.

Hi Michael,

I want to do business in Rwanda, can you help me ?, I am from Singapore.

rgds
wilfred

Hello Everyone,

As said, it is quiet easy to register a business in Rwanda compared to many other countries in the World.

I have registered with a German friend a firm within 24hours, it took almost one week to finish all the process of openning an office (bank account, legal documents, insurance, etc.)

As far as the government is concerned, you need only your ID, proof of residency (even your home country proof is acceptable), proof of payment of Rwf 15000 (almost 25$) a copy of valid passport with entry visa in it, (in case you are physically here), a photo. All other data concerning amount to be invested in filled in a form that is given to you by official or that you can download at rdb.rw

Regards

David

Additional information about Julien's question

What is the corporate tax rate in Rwanda? 30%

Is it easy to recruit? Very easy, post your job on several local websites (free), ads in 2 newspapers (imvaho and newtimes), and you will have hundreds of candidates.

Any advice you would share with us? I will advice you to visit rdb.rw which is an official institution in charge on investment matters. You will find much more information related to opening, running, liquidating, ... a business in Rwanda or you can contact me on the phone number that I posted in the first reply.

Thank you very much for your participation,

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Digging up old thread + contact details.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct