Young Family Moving to Istanbul

Hi,
Myself and my wife are moving to Istanbul with our six month old baby.  Any other expats with young family who might be able to give us some hints or tips?  Things that we'd like to get help on are activities/playgroups for small kids, getting around Istanbul safely, any recommendations for doctors/health care etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Tomas and famıly!!!
When you come to Istanbul you will be greatly satisfy about the quality life you can have here.It is a wonderfull city and has many beautifull sightseens
For your wife and kid there is a group of International woman living in Istanbul IWI they have any kind of activitie she might be interested in.
I will advice you to try to live as close as you can from your work since Istanbul is a city with SOOOOO much trafic.
If you have anyother specific question do not doubt to write
Regards and good luck

Don' t Worry . I live in İstanbul for 15 years and you have everything  and you will enjoy İstanbul , except the traffic jam .

For Kids and to meet an active international community , you can have a look at iwi-tr.org/membership_home.aspx .

Regarding your home location , do not hesitate to contact me and to tell me your needs to know your office location .

Have a good day ,

Mrs Dominique Le Doaré Atay
Expat-Turkey:)

Hi EXPAT TURKEY,

Thank you for your help.

Just to remind you that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum.

Hi Tomas,

Did you move? How did it go? Myself, my husband and our 18 month old are thinking of moving and would love to hear how it went.

All the best,
Olga

Hi Olga,
Apologies for the delay in coming back to you but I've only just checked the Blog. 

It wasn't too bad, the biggest issue that we had was the language barrier, we expected that English would be a bit more widely spoken here but it wasn't, our mistake.

My wife joined the IWI which we would recommend, so she made a good circle of friends with children the same age so that was a good source of information and support.

We also found a very good English speaking baby doctor, Dr Selma Berkman in Florence Nightingale Hospital Gayrepette so that was reassurance in case there was any medical issues.

We are actually leaving Turkey in the next couple of weeks so I suppose it didn't really work for us, but I'm sure you will have a great time here.  While its a big vibrant city, hard to get out and about with a 2 year old!

Hope you enjoy your time here, if there's anything you want to ask please feel free to drop me an email.