Places in Riyadh with Bad Reputations

I went to the Chamber of Commerce 3 weeks ago to process some visit visa, but because it was prayer time, I had to go grab some pizza in Hara area. I was wearing a white hat given by a friend from the US. When I was on my way back to the Chamber of Commerce, a teenager on bicycle grabbed the hat I was wearing. I later found out from a colleague to avoid that area (Hara)- because it is known to be filled with street gangsters who would grab laptops, mobile phones, etc. Taxi/Cab drivers would also agree that this area have lots of "alibabas".

My friend from the UK also mentioned an area near Bin Sulaiman Centre to also have a bad reputation.

Charging it on experience, are there any places you would say, or at least heard of, to be of a similar story so other expats could avoid or at least be careful of- in Riyadh? :)

I've heard of purse snatchings, etc., in the Batha area but I think most people know to be careful there.

I live near King Saud Univ and find it nice, quiet and safe area off Al Arouba Street....

you should have run after him and battered his ass. you DO have legal rights in KSA so don't be afraid or hesitant to protect and defend yourself in any circumstances.