Schooling In Orlando....Help please

Hello to all....
I have been given the opportunity to run a new business within Orlando and expect to begin June 2012 ish time, Location for this business is fairly flexible, but that said I have chosen the Orlando area to begin and once trading can always move the business should I see potential elsewhere within Florida. I have chosen the North Orlando area Dr Phillips area or west of the OBT. I require help with the schools though as information on this is hard to find or I'm finding mixed messages. My daughter is 12 and 13 early September and my son is just 9. Question...what years will they fall into and what type of school, and is there anyone that can recommend either school please. I have plenty more questions for you clever folk aswell but let's start here as my children's schooling and settling is paramount.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Dickey

9 is elementary school, either 4th or 5th grade.
13 is middle school, either 7th or 8th.
here in the usa you go to elementary until 5th, then middle for 3 years( 6th, 7th, 8th), then high school for 4 more years. if you are coming from england, believe me your educational system is far better from ours. if you are thinking about enrolling them in public schools, choose wisely for the system is not doing very well now, go to documentaryheaven.com, watch the film " waiting for superman" and others about edu in this country. if you are planning to send them to private schools, choose even more carefully.
i for one believe in public edu. a decent neighborhood should have fairly good schools.
wish you the best. happy holidays!!!!

Hi Thanks for the reply, I have tried to view that film and failed but will try again later. I have watched the trailer though and got a good indication what the film is about, like all countries the UK has schooling problems and they are also getting worse. I have been on greatschools.org which seems to be impartial when rating the US schools.

Please more people reply to my 1st thread.

Dickey

The Lake Mary, Longwood, Altamonte Springs areas of Orlando are much better for families.  All have good schools.

Dave

Celebration is great place for families!!

We have lived in Texas and now Florida. Both my children 9 12 soon to be 13 have always had a private education in UK schooling was top of the list for our house choice I agree with the other member on location of longwood lake Mary as this has the best school districts.  My son has a full scholarship at a top private school here and my daughter is in the public sector until middle school.  Seminole county is amazing for schooling and coming from Kings and westminster schools in London schools were going to be a hard match,but we have found them to be surprisingly challenging educationally for our son who is on his second year A P.classes he should only have just started. Basically they are higher education programs that give credits for college.   A few google searches will help you out with all the jargon, but the mum advise is the most important the more input you can get the better.  we choose Lake Mary as it was voted no.4 as best place inamerica to live crime rate is very low and it's a very small community.  Housing can be pricey depending on where you live.