Local Partner ?

Hi

I need some guidance which I cannot find on websites or various forums I've searched.

What are the initial formlities for setting up a Food business in Malaysia ?

Does the procedure vary b/w KL & other major cities ?

Do we need local partners, for Restaurants or a Catering business setup ?

There's not much clarity I can get on the local ownership e.g any fee or salary fixed in the initial period for Local Directors??

Does the expat Director (actual owner) get a PR, eventually ?
How can he sponsor family meanwhile ?

Would appreciate all the feedback possible.

Thanks

Hello,

well the rules are very simple for establishing a food business here in KL but the agents make it complicated to earn money from the client.

In Malaysia, if u want to open a food business then you have 3 options.

1. the company is 50%owned by the local partner and 50% by the expat partner in this case the local partner has the authorities in books regarding liabilities as well.

2. if u marry a malaysian girl and make the company on her name then your spouse is the 100% owner.

3. if you are a foreigner and you want to make a 100% personally owned company then you have to make a SDNBHD company same as LLC in dubai or Pvt.Ltd in Pakistan. and for this you have to present a show money of 1 million Rm in your bank account. once the company through this proceedure is made then you have the facility to enter 5 directors or 8 at a maximum in the same company. each director is entitled to sponsor their families. each director and its spouse can get a PR in 3 years and after this 3 years if a baby born he or she will get the malaysian citizenship as well.

Plz note step 3 is the one i followed to establish my business in malaysia, but for this u need a reliable lawyer to help you out.

Regards.

Dear Kingali,

I am pakistani national and looking for your help in some business related advice. If you don't mind please send me your contact number so that i can call you.
My email is shown below.

Regards.

Saleem

[email protected]

Dear Kingali,

I am pakistani national and looking for your help in some business related advice. If you don't mind please send me your contact number so that i can call you.
My email is shown below.

Regards.

Jawed

[email protected]

@Jawed- I think you are off topic.. you copied Saleem's message.

Dear Christine, plz help me & record the IP of  Desert Decent & Kamran khan. this guy is contacting me in PM as well by changing his name & ID repeatedly i have already blocked these 2 ID plz help me for this.

Regards.

Hi kingali2308!

You are off topic.
Could you please use the report button or contact us for any issue regarding the forum?

Thanks
Armand

Hey Armand,

i am sorry for that. i have sent your team a msg lets see what you pplz gonna do. sorry to bother you and other members as well by getting off topic.

Regards.

Hi Mr. Kingaki
           I am very sorry if you mind that i coppied mr. saleem's because my reason to contact you was same like mr. saleem. In my openion you are a successfull person in resturent business so i try to get help from you if you don't want to help me then i will never try to get help from you ever again god will help me (inshaallah).

Jawed