Moving to Vienna...Accommodation tips please!!

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Vienna in January and am looking for somewhere to live, preferably a flatshare since I don't know anyone!

I don't speak German (only English and French) so I'm a bit limited in my searches (although I am taking German lessons: ich bin Stephanie :D). Ideally, I need to live with someone who speaks French or English as it would be impossible to communicate if not.

Has anyone got any tips of how to find accommodation? Where is good to live in Vienna? Any contacts who need a flatmate?!

Thanks!
Steph

Hello Steph,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you could also post an advert in the Vienna classifieds > flat share, it might help you.

Good luck,
Rouma

stephaniejayne wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm moving to Vienna in January and am looking for somewhere to live, preferably a flatshare since I don't know anyone!

I don't speak German (only English and French) so I'm a bit limited in my searches (although I am taking German lessons: ich bin Stephanie :D). Ideally, I need to live with someone who speaks French or English as it would be impossible to communicate if not.

Has anyone got any tips of how to find accommodation? Where is good to live in Vienna? Any contacts who need a flatmate?!

Thanks!
Steph

I am also coming to Vienna in Jan. We can get room there together if you do agree.Reply me

Just want to add that I found my apartment using http://www.easywg.at/ It's in German but some of the ads are in English! Some people also write them in both languages so make sure you scroll to the bottom of the ads to check :)

It is good to know that you have found it.Kindly tell me the rates of any room which you found it.

I can move only one if i got one place to live with any student.But if i got one room in 400 Euro Rent.I have a friend who can live with me.

Kindly suggest. Do yo have a place with you?

The apartments on the website have a wide range of rents starting from around 280 a month going up to over 600 a month.

I think it is better and easier to move in with someone who already lives here because the administration and setting up of electricity and gas etc is complicated if you don't speak German.

Hope this helps!

hmm Thanks i have found many around 200 Euro. I contacted them but noone replied me yet .I dont know they are actually available.

Dear Stephanie
I am also coming to vienna for 3 months and need a room ( may be on sharing basis ) for 3 months.
i will be coming in may.
need room in range of 200-300 euros per month near the univ. of vienna.
pl advice.

Hi Steph,
I am Dr.Lolly Pattnaik 39 years old female Ophthalmologist from India. I speak English. I will be joining a fellowship programme at Rudolf Foundation Clinic, Department of Ophthalmology, Juchgasse 25, 1030 Wien for 3 months starting from 1st April 2012. need advice regarding accommodation at some safe and secure affordable apartment single or sharing basis or Paying Guest in Vienna. As I have no idea about Vienna I would request you to plz help me in this aspect.
Thanking you
Dr.Lolly

Hello Dr.Lolly,

It is Mustafa from Pakistan. I am student of Uni Wien.

I can share with you this link which will help you to find a place for you. My number is 00436766562060 If you need any kind of help, you may contact me any time because your are my neighbor.

hi mustafa
Iam basha from india. iam looking for cheap accomodation for a year. I am coming to vienna to do my post graduation and finding it hard to find housing. could you plz advice me on this. I wil be coming around march2013. let me know

Hello abeer basha, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Housing in Vienna section. It may help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie