Immigration to S.A.

Hello, I am an Egyptian and currently living in Cairo ,willing to relcoate and settle down in South Africa due to a several reasons . Can any one help me what's the best way to be legally a permanent resident.Thanx.

Hi, I did see that you PM'ed me, but I prefer communicating on the open forum where other people can also benefit from the conversations.

Firstly you must contact the South African consulate in Egypt to find out what specific requirements they have for Egyptians, I cannot give you advice on that because the requirements are different depending on the country you are from.

I also think that you must consider what you are going to do ones you are in S.A. (you will have to apply for a visa that will allow you to work, study or do business, or whatever it is you want to do) Let me just make it very clear, it is not easy to get a visa, you will have to comply with a lot of requirements, which is why I think you should research before you begin making plans.

If you are looking to work in S.A. I must warn you, salaries for doing casual jobs are very low, if you have qualifications it is a bit better but still salaries are low in S.A. only if you are highly qualified is there money to get.

I wish you luck with everything.

Regards Sarah

Lastly you can only apply for permanent residency ones you have lived legally in S.A. for more than 5 years.

Thanks Sarah.

Hey Sarah,
I heard there is a rich gap between the poor and d rich in South Africa and also what's d possibility of actually getting a job there wth a bachelors degree because I heard also that the unemployment level is high also.