Type of visa to apply

God dag!!!

I just want some ideas & opinions to those who have already had an experience in applying a visa to Norway. I am married to a Norwegian for almost 1 year now. My husband plans to bring me in Norway so we are now preparing things to pursue our plan. But, first of all, we need to know what type of visa i'm going to apply 'coz when we went to Norway site in Phils. if you are married to norwegian i need to apply for an entry visa. But, I have met a filipina married to NOrwegian also she said they applied for an entry visa but failed so they applied for a family reunification then they are just waiting for the visa. So, now we are confused on what type of visa i'm going to apply either an "entry visa" or a "family reunification". What do you think the gounds why that filipina married to Norwegian hasn't granted an entry visa? pls. help me clarify this so that i will not waste my time and money for my application.....I want to be prepared before going to the embassy in manila 'coz I'm from Davao City.
Tusen takk:)

ronageir

Hello there

here is a good link with lots of info in english.

http://www.norway.no/Default.asp?

I hope this could help you on your way:)

The entry visa (know as D-visa) is a visa allowing you to enter Norway and gives you 7 days to apply for the family reunification visa when you arrive.

In other words it allows you to enter and live in Norway whilst you are waiting for UDI to grant you a family reunification permit.

The decision as to whether you qualify for the entry/D-visa is entirely up to your local Embassy and if you qualify on their grounds. I wouldn't not apply just because somebody else hasn't been successful.

Good luck.

i just wanna know if it really take that long for a family reunification visa to be granted? and is it sure enough that you are going to get it?

Yes, it can really take that long.

No, it is not sure that you will get it.

Main concerns of UDI are:

Does your Norwegian spouse have accommodation i.e rental or own property.

How much money does the Norwegian spouse earn - has to be over Kr 210 000 pr annum.

My husband is currently in South Africa. It took 2 weeks to issue him with the entry visa. I showed salary slips for the past 6 months and employment contract and my bank account balance. Also included the lease for the house I have rented. We also have children which strengthens the case.

Do it right and it does not take too long. Do it wrong and it is a nightmare.

well so far our case is on its 5th month this month. and i think we meet all the requirements. at first it was entry visa that we were suppossed to apply but then someone at the police station told my husband that we should apply for the family reunification cause its more safer there. it's frustrating but sometimes can't do anything but just wait. i just wish we could atleast know like maybe a time frame or something.

Yip - once it's in the system you just have to wait it out.

Good luck - I hope it all works out and doesn't take too long.

yah that's what were both hoping aswell. i just wish i could be there in time for his birthday.(which is on november) and it's hard being apart but as what they say "patience is a virtue" hehe :) thank anyway.

i would like to come here in norway. i m married i work in singapore but now i m in holliday. now i m in turkey in istanbul. how can i go there

i m nepalies. i m married. i work in singapore. we want to go in norway. so how can i apply visa