Anyone from Kingston?

I am thinking of moving to Kingston and would like to know whats it like jobwise? I heard its great small city and has a bit of everything. What are good neighboorhoods to live in?

Hello Sinkatze and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)

Hello simonet albert, could you please lower Caps lock when you write on the forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

simonet albert wrote:

Hi, WHY DO GO TO KINGSTON I THING CANADA IS BETTER

Kingston IS Canada friend..

Does anyone have more information or testimonies about living in Kingston,Ontario?

I'm from Kingston. What would you like to know?

Have you googled Kingston? If so then you know that there are THREE universities and a military base. Kingston is a very walkable cities with tons of pubs and bars, great (and cheap) restaurants (with excellent Japanese, Thai and Indian options. There are tons of cafes, little shops, etc.

As for jobs..well, what do you do? There are many minimum wage jobs available in Kingston but they can be hard to get because of the huge student population. Do you have training of some sort?

The weather in Kingston varies greatly. It can easily hit 35C in the summer (with 85% humidity) and drop down to -35C in January with 3 feet of snow on the ground.

Rentals- An apartment rental in the downtown area will start at 600$ per month. You might find something cheaper if you share a house with a group of students or some such thing. You asked what are some good neighborhoods. There are no "bad" neighborhoods with the exception of an area known as The Heights. Division St and 401 area. But I have to say that as far was world standards go the Kingston ghetto is the least dangerous of all ghettos. There is some crime but mostly break and enterings, petty theft, stuff like that.

Any more questions? Just ask!