Child care in Georgia

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Georgia ?

How much is daycare in Georgia?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Georgia you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hi there,

Well it depends where you plan to live in Georgia.  If it's in Tbilisi then I can give you some advice on nannys and nursery/daycare but it would help to know the age of your child/children.

Regards,
Elaine

Hi Elaine!

These are just general questions meant to help future expatriates ;)
Thanks for your help!

Armand

How much is daycare in Georgia?

A state nursery in Tbilisi is 100 Lari a month per child.  Staff will most likely only speak Georgain and perhaps Russian

A private nursery in Tbilisi, costs about 400 Lari a month per child with discounts if you've more that one child attending

What are the usual opening hours? 08:30 - 18:00 (varies)

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?  The children usually receive breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack.

Some sites worth visiting -

Babalina7 - from age 3 onwards they've a Georgian stream, a Russian steam and an English Stream.  Both my children have attended this nursery, one in the Georgian stream (started at 20 months) and one in the English stream.  Cost 400 Lari a month
babilina7.ge/indexeng.html

wix.com/tipreschool/tbilisi -It comes highly recommended by many.  It's also 400 Lari a month.  They use the 'Calvert method'.

Picasso place - they don't take children under 2.5  (or maybe 3) so it didn't suit our needs.  It's quite new and I think will do well.  I think it's 500 Lari a month.

There are also many daycare options listed in yell.ge

There are lots of daycare options including pre-schools in international schools, French, German and English.

Thanks for your contribution MsE!

Harmonie.:)