Child care in Wellington

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Wellington ?

How much is daycare in Wellington?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Wellington you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

Hi Armand

Both my boys are in Kindercare in Tawa. I have nothing but praise for them. All the staff are qualified and my boys are very happy there. The teachers are caring and the facilities are of a very high standard. Compared to SA we do find childcare here very expensive. In saying that though the reason it is cheaper in SA is for a variety of reasons and I can fully understand why it costs more in other countries. After age 3 they are subsidised for 20hrs per week.

Hello Siouxzee,

Thanks a lot for your help ;)

Armand

Can You also tell us About the fee structure and timings? I'm also looking for good day care around but no luck yet. My lil daughter is 2 and half. There is also a free child care association in New Zealand but there waiting Lists are full for 2-3 years. I live in Central City it'll be a gr8 if someone could guide to good, not very expensive nearby Childcare or kindergartens. 

Ash

i do baby sitting
and i stay in Wilmington
contact me