Flaxmere hawkes bay

hi
i am looking for any info on flaxmere in hawkes bay. there may be a possibility of a job there and i was wondering what it was like especially for kids - aged 8 and 17. i wanted to know if its a good area for them to grow up in and what other areas were close by that we could consider living in if we werent to live in flaxmere itself.if i got this job we would be moving over fron the uk.

thank you;)

Can only echo what natalie has said.  Napier is lovely (especially if you like Art Deco), but there are other places that might have more opportunities for you as a whole family. 

On the whole, if you have the right qualifications or experience, you will find work, but beware that some areas struggle to find good employees and will tell you anything to get you out there. They are interested in filling posts, and less concerned with your welfare.

Jelly Bean, please search as many expat sites as you can before making any decisions. I went to three roadshows before coming here, and it was still a big culture shock when I arrived.

NZ is not an easy place to live for some immigrants.  It is nothing like living in the UK, although your 17yr old might have a better chance of finding work here if they are unemployed back home.

The cities here are like large towns back in the UK, so there is no reason to discount them.  Hamilton is fairly central for exploring central north island, Tauraunga has the highest sunshine rate and is fairly safe with decent schools, although it does have a large elderly population, Auckland is very multi-cultural, Wellington is supposedly lively, but windy and on an major fault line.

Personally, I would give the smaller towns and villages a miss. And keep doing the research.  No rose tinted glasses allowed. :)

Good luck

Thank you both for your advice it is much appreciated. I am struggling to find work whereas 12 months ago I had a couple of job offers now cant get an interview. I was contacted about the job in flaxmere but have heard nothing since.I have been applying for everything and we have decided if I get an interview I will then do the research and ask the questions and make the decision. I have just had an interview for a job in Palmerston North, not banking on it but have everything crossed. Def not wearing rose tinted glasses lol x:cool:

I would also stay away from Flaxmere for the reasons Natalie gave. Personally I really like Auckland as its so multicultural and there are many great things to do in Auckland with your family. Have you had any interviews in the past months?