Moving to Kampala all alone....

Hey you guys, i am heading for kampala next week for a new job, yet i d love to know some people to hang out with,

first round on me :D

hahaha ok  are here already, if yes then i can take you arround.

Hi mrinternational,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

okey, come around, we shall discover alot

Halo, your most welcme to kampala trust me you will love it

welcome to the great uganda.

how are you do you like it now that you have experienced it?

moureen..

hey even i m planning a visit to the beautiful city of kampala in the month of july this year.....ill be there for twoo weeks ......so friends ur advices are welcomed........

Hello there
you will love Uganda! Winston Churchill called the country the Pearl of Africa and it is as true today as it was hundred years ago when he visited.
Kampala is a dusty chaotic city at times but there's lots to do and the nightlife is fantastic.it's a short drive to Lake Victoria and a few of the Lake, particularly at sunset, is fantastic. Just make your way to the top of the nearest hill!
These days you can buy anything you want to, although there's a lot of cheap Chinese rubbish on sale.
The roads are pretty terrible and do be very careful if you travel on a boda boda motorbike. They're great fun and part of the Ugandan experience but don't just get on any passing motorbike.
if you'd like to know a bit more about life in Uganda, please check out my blog diary of a muzungu MuzunguBlogUganda.com
are you planning on travelling outside Kampala? It's easy to organise a Safari, possibly a bit late to organise gorilla trekking ( permits sell out quickly over the summer season)and Jinja is the source of the Nile and a great place to take part in activities like white water rafting, horseriding and quad biking., etc
Have a great trip!

@charlie...thanx a lot for ur precious piece of information.....can u please tell me where to stay,if i have to stay for a week or so ie in a backpackers or in a hotel....thanx once again...

If the first round is on you then the other 2 rounds are on me.....i am moving to Kampala in july 2012. Hope we could meet up then....

hi
keithisaac
me too moving to kampala from gujarat. Once again c  there

Hi Panky 2059 happy to help. sorry for the slow reply.
For backpackers, I would recommend red chillis in Mbuya, approx 20 min outside of town in a compound with a great bar.
if you contact Pearl of Africa Tours and Travel PearlofAfricatours.com they have lots of ideas on places to stay in Kampala / Uganda. You can contact them via the website
Good luck!

made any friends yet?

Hey.  I just got here too!  This city is way too decentralized and I don't live downtown so I'm finding it tough to meet people.  Would like to meet for coffee or drinks or something.  I'm Jon by the way.

Hi, we will be relocating to Uganda Next year I am an artist and wondering if you have a retailer that sells art supplies (fabriano paper and pottery clay as well as paints etc..)
Thanks

Welcome, I am Patrick
Call me up when in Kampala: 0774 731931

Hi guys. Am moving to Kampala next week for a new Job. Hope it's a lovely city. Am hoping to make new friends on this website. Here I come.