Family Immigration (Fiance Visa)

Hei, I applied for a FI under a fiance visa last March 2023. Unfortunately, the waiting time is long, almost 1 year since I submitted my application to VFS. I am from the Philippines and my fiance is from Stavanger. Both of us are single, and he has an above-minimum salary. I am also wondering why some cases are granted after 3 or 5 months. I am not sure if the UDI waiting time is accurate. For those who have been granted already, how many months did you wait? And cheers to those who are waiting for an answer. I firmly believe we will have our time very soon.

@nbaguio I applied mine to be reunited with my husband in January 2023. I applied through the police in Norway, after 6 months they moved my case to UDI and they never told me why. I'm still waiting for my result!

@Asnat Shauri That's unfortunate. According to their website, they are processing applications submitted before February 15, 2023, and they are expected to continue working on them until April 2024. Hopefully, yours is already on its way.

Hi all,

I applied back in Dec 2022 and got my approval this Feb 2024. Quite a long wait but all worth it. The wait wasn't easy. There were times that it got too overwhelming and frustrating but just keep yourself busy, fill your time and plan ahead.

I wish everyone well and the best of luck on the future ahead.

Take care everyone.

❤️

@island_mestiza thanks and congrats 🤗❤️

@island_mestiza Congrats!! Wow, 14 months waiting! I'm really happy to hear that your application finally went through. Hopefully, we'll receive our update soon too.

Thank you 😊

I hope the other folks here who have received approval will share their updates too. ❤️ While I was waiting, I realized how helpful it was, both emotionally and mentally to hear updates as it gave me a glimmer of hope and a timeline to benchmark on. Especially that updates from UDI doesn't give any much detail.

I wish you all well for those who are still waiting. Hang in there! I hope you and your family or special someone are keeping each other strong. Just keep the positivity! ☀️🤗

God bless! ❤️

@island_mestiza I understand completely. Waiting can be emotionally draining. Some days, we're filled with hope, but most days, we're consumed by fear of the unknown. However, seeing positive posts from others who have had their visas approved fills us with excitement and renewed hope.

Thank you for your words of encouragement; I truly appreciate it.

God bless!