Import duties on coffee

Does brazil charge import duties to bring roasted coffee into brazil?

I know it seems like it is going the wrong direction haha

I know coffee imports in canada and the usa are tax exempt.

@Canforbra.  The tariff on roasted coffee was zeroed out in 2022.  There still appear to be restrictions on green coffee, but I couldn't nail them down definitively.  If you're considering any kind of bulk importation, you probably should speak to a Customs Broker first.

My coffee business in canada is up and running now we roast to order and ship out.  I am just thinking that customers in brazil can order the coffee and have it sent here.

I know some lawyers that might do it just to show they can afford coffee from north America.

It would cost something like 200-300R a bag to be sent here

My coffee business in canada is up and running now we roast to order and ship out.  I am just thinking that customers in brazil can order the coffee and have it sent here.
I know some lawyers that might do it just to show they can afford coffee from north America.

It would cost something like 200-300R a bag to be sent here

-@Canforbra

I doubt there is a market for imported coffee here. At least no in any sizeable size.  My opinion, there is.

There are trade rags on the coffee shop and roasting business sitting on coffee shops. Nobody reads them. 

Brazilians won't even care about Juan Valdez mounted on a burro, in their own backyard.  why would they care about Coffee from Canada ?

You go to Minas Gerais, there are a gazilion number of family farms claiming their roasts is the best, let alone the big brands pumping their junk on grocery isles. 

It isn't like we do not have the stuff anymore. 

Coffee chains , Dunkin Donuts tried and failed. Starbucks is on its way out. There are plenty regionalized chains out there for the Cafezinho.   No chance for Café Van Houtte or Tim Horton's.

Most lunch counters here  give it away a finger sized cup  for free at the end of your blue plate special meal.

Their watered down cup, about R$ 5,00 a pop. Your Late or Expresso pumped from some Italian Machine, R$ 10,00 to R$ 15,00 a pop. 

Out here, it is a loss leader. In the US, each cup of Joe  before overhead, franchise fees, it is a 1000 % gross margin on each "Regulah". Never mind those fancy frozen ones, and those Italian named concotions.

Try Maple Syrup.

@sprealestatebroker well my coffee business is fine to stay with the csnadian and American markets.

I looked online at the "maple syrup " sold in brazil and it is the fake corn starch junk. I brought the real stuff from canada when I came.

Brought kraft dinner, Betty crocker scalloped potatoes and so on as well.

@sprealestatebroker well my coffee business is fine to stay with the csnadian and American markets.
I looked online at the "maple syrup " sold in brazil and it is the fake corn starch junk. I brought the real stuff from canada when I came.
Brought kraft dinner, Betty crocker scalloped potatoes and so on as well.

-@Canforbra

Yes, Syrup in Brazil is the Karo corn starch junk.  Maple tree sapping only takes place in Canada and around places like Vermont.

Not sure the demand for Maple Syrup  is there, after all not many places in Brazil serve pancakes to breakfast, and the Brazilian taste buds are for salty stuff.   And what they call breakfast is lame. It is an acquired taste. 

For me, nothing beats buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and butter . And hash browns with sausage or bacon strips. plus scrambled eggs. 

what you might consider is to sponsor Canadian breakfast days at places that teach English ( there is a Brazilian Chain called Maple Leaft ). Like all drug peddlers, they give the dope for free and watch their fins to get hooked. 

And that's how the British got the Chinese hooked on opium.

Or showing up on TV and making a sampling  of Canadian Maple Syrup against the Karo junk. Like they do with Wine Sampling .  Get some sponsors from the Canadian Maple Syrup Trade Association, and show up on Brazilian featured TV Programs.

Coffee..... Fugedaboutit.

02/23/24  I looked online at the "maple syrup " sold in brazil and it is the fake corn starch junk.

-@Canforbra

The stuff we buy is made by these people:

https://themapletreat.com/en-us/

They do a lot of private label work and one of their customers clearly is Stuttgart in Blumenau, SC.  We buy it in "kits" of three 250 ml bottles from Amazon-BR for R$229, with free Prime shipping.  We prefer Dark, but kits are available in Dark, Amber, or combination.  Our supermarket carries it, too -- for ~R$100/bottle.  It may not be Canada's best (which isn't a patch on New York's or Vermont's BTW 😉), but it IS Canadian and it IS 100% pure maple syrup ("xarope de bordo"), or it's an amazingly well organized scam and counterfeit operation.

I have to say that I gave up on maple syrup and now use native [bee] uruçu honey. It is extremely different than Italian bee honey. Look for native bee honey in your region and try it as a replacement.

I know. It isn't maple but it is a pretty tasty alternative.