Public transportation in Toronto

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Toronto ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Toronto?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Armand wrote:

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Toronto ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Toronto?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Armand,
i've spent time on other forums then thought i should contribute to my own home town...

ttc is the best and for many, the only means of public transport. in the city, the subway is convenient - rush hour brings frequent delays as the signal system is out of date and the volume of commuters is increasing the number of trains (as told to me by a subway driver...). nevertheless, it's $6 bucks round trip for use of the entire system which is still cheap in comparison to NY/Ldn etc. and i'd say its safe but it depends on how you conduct yourself...i used to ride late at night and could read people's energy and would steer clear if i felt uneasy. but if nec, don't be afraid to confront if someone is in your space ie: ask them to move if they're being rude or standing unnecessarily too close etc. the trains run along the south corridor of the city and half way cross along the top to the east ...buses run everywhere in all directions. customer service on the ttc has taken a beating lately so the commission is trying to improve on that ie: the drivers are crusty sometimes so again, just be self sufficient and you'll be ok. hope this helps!
cheers,
k