E-Visa, Is It For Everyone?

Well Brazil seems to be creating VISA's faster than Hamsters, but who knows. So now it is the E-Visa which apparently is only good for citizens of Australia, Japan (well now they have been kicked out), Canada and the United States who are coming to Brazil. Anyone have one?

Does this replace the present VISA to come to Brazil?  Their seems to be very, very extensive push back about showing the Brazilian Government how much money you have in the bank.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

@roddiesho, I got one.  I had to submit my US passport info, travel docs, and the very important bank statements.

I am not sure if the e-visa is going to be for everyone (not only US, CDN, and AUS).

Anyone not from US, CDN, and AUS who applied for an e-visa and got one?

The reason for the evisas is that Bolsonaro unilaterally gave visa-free travel to citizens of the US, Canada, Australia and Japan without reciprocity. This meant freedom of travel for those citizens, but Brazilians wanting to visit those countries had to make an appointment at a relevant Consulate, and apply for a visa. In the case of the US, the delay is now over 450 days - just for the appointment...

When Lula took over he cancelled this, but later signed a deal with Japan to give them 3 more years of visa-free travel. For the US, Canada and Australia their citizens must now apply for this evais if arriving in Brazil on or after the latest deadline - 10th April 2024.

@Peter Itamaraca Very Informative1f60f.svg