Abu Dhabi Teachers! Help!

I am a teacher from the US who is considering a move to Abu Dhabi and I am wondering if there are any other teachers out there that can tell me what it was like for them to relocate.  So far it sounds like a good deal, but I am concerned about the housing situation.  They have offered housing (at most 20km from school) but I have heard that some neighborhoods are not very good and that there is a lot of leering at women.  I have a wife and two daughters, and I want them to be in a safe atmosphere free from staring strangers...anyone out there already been through this?  Any advice?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also - I will need to pay for private school for my older daughter, does anyone know a realistic estimate on cost?  I have been looking online and found anything from $2300 US to $14,000 US...

Unfortunately the leering is everywhere, there is no place to live free from it,
This is very uncomfortable for women and female daughters, The only place your free from prying eyes is your apartment or villa and in your car if it has tinted windows.
Your wife will become numb to the leering after awhile.
Good luck on your move.

I have to disagree a bit there. I have lived in the uae for 4 years now as a young western woman. Yes there are times when you may feel a bit uncomfortable having someone 'stare' at you but you never feel threatened by it. i feel more safe living here than i ever would in sydney (my home city).
Yes it does happen but its not a major issue i dont believe- i guess you do get used to it and begin to realise it is curiosity mostly.
I am a teaceher who sees many expat girls living here with their families and going to school here and they really enjoy it and have a great world experience.
I probably wouldnt base your decision on coming here on the last response- they have made it sound scarey! whcih it is clearly not.

Thank you so much!  It is nice to hear some positive thoughts, we have accepted the offer and are planning our move in August.  We are all very excited and looking forward to a new experience!  Thanks again, I may have some more question for you later!

Eric