Can I return to the Philippines ?

Earlier this year I was in the Philippines and was a victim of extortion and was charged and jailed.6 weeks later I wa freed and the Philippines courts gave me a provisional dismisall.is it safe for me to return to the Philippines.

@John Allen8

I would consult a lawyer on that one.

It seem you dont tell important part of the story

OR call something wrong.

Didnt you pay the extorsion at false accusation, or how could you be charged, jailed and FREED???

And if you were found not guilty, WHY did you get provisional dismisall???

The only I can think of making ANY related sence is:

you had overstaying,

Someone tried to blackmail you but told officials when you didnt pay (or told anyway.) Thats rather common.

That can be jail, you were GUILTY of overstaying, but got free by paying the fine.  Thats common too.

Such make dismisal for a while. I dont know for how long. Perhaps different depending of how long time overstay. A vague memory say 3 years when its a long overstay.  (No dismisal if short overstay IF telling self and pay the fine.)

OR it was just the Philippines, where some things dont make sence   :)

I was charged for trafficking a minor.i was introduced to the girl by her aunt and was told she was 22 but I found out later she was a minor and 17.the aunt demanded money from me and I refused to pay so o spent 5 weeks in jail and 1 week I'm the prison from.tgen I went to court and was given a provisional dismisall.so that means the claimant has 2 years to re start the charge

I was charged for trafficking a minor.i was introduced to the girl by her aunt and was told she was 22 but I found out later she was a minor and 17.the aunt demanded money from me and I refused to pay so o spent 5 weeks in jail and 1 week I'm the prison from.tgen I went to court and was given a provisional dismisall.so that means the claimant has 2 years to re start the charge

-@John Allen8

So why the hell do you want to go back to the Philippines, madness to even consider it?

Agree with Moon Dog and Cherryann01.

You run the risk of getting locked up again as soon as you land here as you have no idea if the claim has been raised again nor if you are on the black ban list, pick a different country and next time verify the age of the bait.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl you are right.i met a lady there and that is why I want to return

@Cherryann01 true.thank you

JohnAllen8 said. . . . . i met a lady there and that is why I want to return.

I find it hard to not insult you.

Due diligence before you return or it might be nasty. Not sure how to approach your problem, As Moon Dog suggested consult an attorney here.

What I don't understand is why the trafficking charge and not sex with a minor? Both are nasty if the case is still active, personally run a mile.

Cheers, Steve.

-@Enzyte Bob

Some can't see the trees for the forest. The OP needs to make sure he is clear to re enter PH. and that will cost a small amount compared to further jail time.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl good idea.thank you.i still have nightmares and PTSD

@John Allen8

You answered your own question, put it behind you, forget the Philippines and try another country and watch the ages of the bait.

Cheers, Steve.

-@Enzyte Bob

Every Forum has one Bob

Due diligence before you return or it might be nasty. Not sure how to approach your problem, As Moon Dog suggested consult an attorney here.What I don't understand is why the trafficking charge and not sex with a minor? Both are nasty if the case is still active, personally run a mile.Cheers, Steve.        -@bigpearl

This story does not add up. The devil is in the detail. Has the OP been economical with the truth in order to ask his question?

To be charged with those crimes and get out in 6 weeks is unheard of given the slothful nature of the Philippine justice system. Was a large bribe paid ? Is the Aunt a cover for his story?

Half the expats I meet in the Philippines are frankly full of bullshit.

@bigpearl what is OP?

Original poster which is you.

Cheers, Steve.

Due diligence before you return or it might be nasty. Not sure how to approach your problem, As Moon Dog suggested consult an attorney here.What I don't understand is why the trafficking charge and not sex with a minor? Both are nasty if the case is still active, personally run a mile.Cheers, Steve.        -@bigpearl

Half the expats I meet in the Philippines are frankly full of bullshit.

-@Lotus Eater

Agree. It seems like BS in order to troll into some discussion about blacklists and minors etc.. As the man says, the devil is in the details which have been left out for no reason other than to be filled in later if somebody takes the bait, rendering all previous suggestions useless as you release new information. With posts like this, that is what usually happens. Obviously nobody could give you good advice about returning but taking the few details you provide as fact, you had better stay away from here forever. Meet your alleged girlfriend in some country that would be very easy for her to visit with her Philippines passport, like Mexico.

You are absolutely correct sir.i will meet her in another country... thank you

As danfinn stated, the scheme, the plot or simple ignorance. Given what you have stated with no definitive answers I would move on, find another nice lady in another country, think you risk plenty coming back to PH.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl okay thank you!

John Allen8 said. . . .i will meet her in another country... thank you

What country is that?

@Enzyte Bob Cambodia

Oh Jeez. I'm flying into Phnom Penh from Manila on Monday. A little side trip for Moi :) Looking forward to the Cambodian hairwash . Its all Cherryann's fault - he started it 1f923.svg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INxNawB72xQ#searching

JohnAllen8. . . . previously said he met a lady there (Philippines?) and decided it's best to meet her in Cambodia.

This saga gets more interesting, Lots of luck John.

Regardless members as I always say? God helps those that help themselves and Christ help those that get caught.

The Op needs to do his homework big time, not guessing nor asking on an expat site, the crime, the penance or the jail time?

As said move on and protect our derriere. Not sure your charges or convictions but you sir need to make sure it won't follow you to multiple countries, underage abuse is reported world wide and rightly so.

Cheers, Steve.

@Enzyte Bob

Lets hope the fishing expedition is over.

Cheers, Steve.

@John Allen8 Has she been out of the country before? For a young woman, especially 1st time traveler, there is a good chance that she will be offloaded by immigration (out of their concern she may be a victim of human trafficking). This means she may be pulled aside and interviewed by BI about the purpose of her trip and she would likely miss the flight if not prepared. A young Filipina traveling alone to Cambodia is almost a perfect fit of a trafficking victim profile but she can still travel there if she works with a good travel agent who can help prepare her for the offload interview. Most foreigners and possibly the girl are not even aware of offloads of (especially) young women until they try to get a boarding pass.

Oh Jeez. I'm flying into Phnom Penh from Manila on Monday. A little side trip for Moi smile.png Looking forward to the Cambodian hairwash . Its all Cherryann's fault - he started it 1f923.svghttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INxNawB72xQ#searching-@Lotus Eater

I hope you enjoy your trip and your luxury pamper session by a sexy Cambodian woman. I did not watch the full video but it seems like the same sort of experience I had. It does feel a little weird when they scrape the wax from your ears though but I am sure you will enjoy the whole experience.

I was charged for trafficking a minor.i was introduced to the girl by her aunt and was told she was 22 but I found out later she was a minor and 17.the aunt demanded money from me and I refused to pay so o spent 5 weeks in jail and 1 week I'm the prison from.tgen I went to court and was given a provisional dismisall.so that means the claimant has 2 years to re start the charge    -@John Allen8

Then I wouldnt risk to go back. You got away, you could have been put in jail much longer.

The trafficking law is very hard punishments in the scale for small crimes too.  Thats good against the bad people,

but it hit good people too, who act to ASSIST people, not even thinking it can be illegal...

E g an Australian (or perhaps New Zealander) living in Phils assisted a Filipina to get work in his home country with no gain for himself, was taken by police for that. I dont know how it ended.

If not changed, headquarters in some OFW services are stationed abroad to not risk to be jailed, only having agents in Phils.

The law is some fuzzy about where the boundry between legal and illegal is, but its probably illegal to promote a dating service (profesionaly) !

At least waiy until she is 18. But I dont know if thats enough for your case by she was 17 when you met.

Its even illegal to be alone with an under 18 even if doing nothing.

john Allen8 - I think there are a lot of details that you have left out of your story but I do think you are setting yourself up for a fall and in time you will look back on this and wonder why you went ahead with this plan. I am not going to ask you for details but what if this woman manages to get to Cambodia and you have a great time, develop feelings for each other and want to see each other again? How many times can you fly her out of the country to meet her before she insists you come visit her in the Philippines and maybe come meet her family. I take it you have not told the new woman about your escapade with the minor or of the attempted extortion by her Aunt.

I think you have little to no chance of meeting this woman in Cambodia and it would be best to pull the plug on the relationship now. You will have to send her money for travel expenses, maybe to get a passport if she does not already have one and I cannot see the immigration officials letting her board the plane without proof of at least the equivalent of a few hundred dollars.

The chances are that one of 2 things will happen on her end. She will pocket the money you send and not even bother going to the airport or she will go to the airport, try board the plane and be offloaded by immigration, maybe because she cannot prove to their satisfaction that she has a proper relationship with you or maybe because your name is flagged when she gives them your details and they run checks.

So you are already in Cambodia and you get the news that she is not or cannot come. Your return flight is 2 or 3 weeks away so what will you do? My guess is that you do one of 2 things. If you drink, you find a nice bar to drown your sorrows and get drunk. You will probably be approached by several BAR GIRLS, give in to temptation and end up sleeping with one of them when you realise you will never see your lady from the Philippines again.  The second thing you may decide to do is find a Cambodian lady by using a dating site. If you think you may do either of the things I mentioned, you should just forget about the woman and the trip.

Maybe you would be better just going on a nice holiday - no women involved.

@coach53 What I am thinking is that, if he is American, then any pedo charges will be transmitted to the USA where he would get to face trial again. This is by special agreement between governments. He spent time in jail; was he guilty of anything pedo related and then let off the hook or was he found not guilty and spent 5 months in jail unjustly. I think it was the former and the judge decided to be lenient so he still would have a US problem if he was ever picked up by the police.

@coach53 What I am thinking is that, if he is American, then any pedo charges will be transmitted to the USA where he would get to face trial again. This is by special agreement between governments. He spent time in jail; was he guilty of anything pedo related and then let off the hook or was he found not guilty and spent 5 months in jail unjustly. I think it was the former and the judge decided to be lenient so he still would have a US problem if he was ever picked up by the police.

-@danfinn

His profile says he is Canadian.

I am with Bob here, I think there is more than what meets the eye, and as a father I have serious problems with men and underage girls, but I will leave it that as I do not want to assume anything here, and with the lack of details.

Best is stay away and forget the girl, it will cause for harm and hopes and dreams shattered which she does not deserve.

@Cherryann01 thank you for your wise words and I will be gladly be taking your advice.

I am with Bob here, I think there is more than what meets the eye, and as a father I have serious problems with men and underage girls, but I will leave it that as I do not want to assume anything here, and with the lack of details.
Best is stay away and forget the girl, it will cause for harm and hopes and dreams shattered which she does not deserve.

-@aklokow

But... could you takes 17 year Filipina girl as 22? I mean, somebody had to ask, right?

He told compleeting info in post 4 (after I asked for it).

@coach53 What I am thinking is that,
    -@danfinn

I answered some in post 30.

Plus disagreeing to meet in other country, thats still breaking Philippine law, so better wait.

Pedophilia DEFINITION differ much between different countries though.

/18  USA ? and several other countries.

/15   with 18 for some exceptions as when dependant as student-teacher. employee, stepdaughter... Sweden.

/Lower. Some countries even in Europe have lower still I believe.

/25  In Philippines its kind of a bit 25  :) because of younger need approval to marry from parents.

Canadian

I hope it isnt same Canadian, who his Canadian daughter made a documentary about  :)

In start she was at father's side, but she turned to the young girl's side furing the filming. The father said to daughter the Filipina was 23 but she was 16 (?)  He did spend much to fool the parents he was rich and I believe paid them to agree to let her marry in other country. After the marriage he was broke...

John Allen08

How old were you. . . . old enough to know better?

The police took the girl to the medical doctor and the doctor did a medical examination and there was no penetration or sighs of sex.the police contacted Al my past friends and relationships to to if I had a history of dating young girls.i has enough evidence to get my case dismissed.

@danfinn she always had make up on