Employment Pass Rejected

MoM does NOT actively inform anybody (incl. your current employer) of a new EP application. But your profile on EPonline shows that another EP application is ongoing - and your current employer can se that if they log in. Many employers do check this regularly, to see who is loyal to the company and who not - guess who will be the next to be laid off!

Thanks Beppi, I hope my EP gets approved. 23 days passed.

HI Guys...

My current employer keyed in my information for a E Pass, but after 7 Days it has been rejected, base on the email that has been given to me by my employer the reason for the rejection is about the salary, so together with my employer we proceed to go for a appeal, and my employer raises the salary.  Unfortunately after 20 days of waiting it got rejected again. Now, I'm in Singapore again looking for a job. base on my recent employer they don't have quota for S Pass only E Pass. Are there any specific ways on how we can monitor our application, and at this time base on the recent post I've read MOM will not discussed the reason for the rejection of the pass.

LOvenBliss hopefully it will be approved....

christianmagcalasmanacup wrote:

base on my recent employer they don't have quota for S Pass only E Pass. Are there any specific ways on how we can monitor our application, and at this time base on the recent post I've read MOM will not discussed the reason for the rejection of the pass.

The minimum salary for an EP is S$3300/month (base salary) for fresh university graduates, but increases with experience and job title. You should use the Self-Assessment Tool on the MoM webpage to figure out what applies to you.

HI, I have the same experience. My employer applied me for a EP, but unfortunately. It was rejected. Then we decided to make an appeal. The reason for the rejection it says that , the salary was to low base on the education and experience I have. After 20 days of waiting for the appeal still it get rejected, even though my employer raises the previous offered salary. Did they provide reason for the rejection?

you can check this information from MOM
mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/employment-pass

MoM is very suspicious of appeals or re-applications with higher salary, as they too often come with (illegal) kickback schemes, where the employee returns some of the higher pay to the company. Thus unless a good explanation is given why you are suddenly worth more for the company, it will be rejected again.

Hi Beppi,
I would like to inform you that my spass just approved by today and would like to say thank you for your time to reply every questions that I was asking.

To all who are still waiting for the work pass good luck to you guys!

I am a student of NUS and graduating next month. I got a job and applied for Employment pass. But the pass was rejected saying the employer didn't advertise in jobsbank.gov.sg website. Now my employer have posted an ad for the same position and told me to wait for 15 days so that i can re appeal for Employment pass. Will i face any problem even after re applying as they have recruited me before posting ad and have recorded that in Employment pass application history. I am really worried about this and need advice on this. Thank you

Hi guys, what if during the medical examination, the doctor detected a high blood pressure, will they make you unfit for employment. Thanks.

nmohamedfazil: If there is no suitable local candidate found during the 14 days the ad must be on the jobs bank, you can apply for an EP for the job. As far as I know, the company's mistake (forgetting about the jobs bank) will not be used against you, but this does not mean that you will get the EP - a lot of other factors must fit, too.

joeym37du: If your blood pressure is so high that you need medical treatment and cannot work, then your EP will not be issued. If you already receive treatment, take along a certificate from your current doctor saying that you can work!

Hi guys and Beppi, my employment pass has been approved!
Thank you so much especially to Beppi for the advice. The last day of my current employment is this Friday and I'll be starting my new job early next week.
Can I ask what is the issuing of pass like for my new EP? My new employer has asked me to scan over my Short Term Visit Pass (that will only be issued this Friday) and I'm not sure what else is required? Do I need to scan in a signed IPA letter as well? They'll book me an appointment on Monday for a visit down to EPSC centre for registration.

@Lovenbliss - wishing you a lot of luck and blessing for yours!

Dear sir my ep pass got rejected in March 2013 and agent who applies for  me he didn't provide me the all detail which he furnish in the application form and I'm not sure wethwr he applies for me or not so my question is to what should I do know and agent no is switched off.please suggests me son thing sir

Vipul ,
Pease check the MOM Website. There are different rules for each and every pass
.also remember Singapore is one of the world's most expensive places to live in .
There are many other factors to introspect which include transportation housing,etc.but all this comes later.
Did your agent tell you why was your pass rejected ?
Regards

vipanthakur54 wrote:

Dear sir my ep pass got rejected in March 2013 and agent who applies for  me he didn't provide me the all detail which he furnish in the application form and I'm not sure wethwr he applies for me or not so my question is to what should I do know and agent no is switched off.please suggests me son thing sir

An agent cannot apply for any pass, only your employer can, and only after you signed an employment contract with them. So please contact the employer to ask which details they gave in the application..
Why do you ask this now, two years after the rejection?

Dear sir I don't know even the employer details please suggest me what should I do know and I wana apply again

If you don't know the employer and have never signed an employment contract with them, then this agent cannot have applied for an EP. They cheated you!

Sir what should I do know tell me from where I got know wether he applied for me or not any site from where I got to know my status by feelings my passport details

If you have a FIN (Foreigner Identification Number) for the application, you can check its status at the MoM webpage (EP Online system). Other than that, only MoM itself can tell you - you can try to call them. But why do you want to find out - over two years after the application???

Sir  i don't have the fin no and I wana apply for Singapore pass again could u help me please

As I said, then only MoM itself can help you.

If you have an employer who wants to hire you, then just let them apply.
And please don't go through agents any more - most of them are cheats and you should learn from your mistakes.

My EP was rejected because my employer couldn't submit all the documents in due time as he was overseas. Now, they are saying they have appealed and submitted all the documents. But, after 10 days still I see status as 'rejected'. I don't see appealed etc. Is it ok or normal ?

The system is sometimes not updated. Your employer should call MoM and ask about the status!

Thanks Beppi, they are using an immigration consultant. I have one more question. My current company changed hands several months ago. My new boss lacks even basic knowledge of Singapore laws. Because of Which I decided to leave the company. I have resigned already and last working day is 30th June. The problem is that he hasn't sought tax clearance yet and he is saying that he'll just calculate the taxes and deduct it from my salary. Is that even legal ? I resigned through email and he accepted through email. Is that fine ? Is there any scenario in which I may be at harm. Some of these small companies can be very treacherous. I just want to be safe.

Your employer cannot calculate your taxes, only IRAS can.
But your employer must (by law) withhold your salary from the moment you submitted your resignation, seek tax clearance with IRAS, pay the taxes due from the withheld salary and then return the remainder to you.
If the employer doesn't do this, you may inform IRAS an they will assist him.

Sir if I apply for the pass then how much chances of getting approved

Your chances for EP approval depend on many factors which you haven't told us, so I cannot tell you.

Hello Beppi,

Have applied EP application through and agent and the EP got rejected saying the salary does not commensurate with the credentials of the candidate.
I have an MBA and Engineering degree and  have over 5 years of experience and the company offered me $6000 (3500 + 2500).

The reason stated by agent is that the current salary mentioned which withdrawn  in india $1000, so ministry of man power is saying how come a person can have a jump from $1000 to $6000.

Does the past salary plays any role for the EP if not then what can be the reason by MOM for stating that the salary does not commensurate with the credentials of the candidate.

Hi Sam_2919,

MoM does not usually look at previous salaries - I actually don't even think it is required to tell them - but if they find something fishy they start looking at everything they got.
In your case the offered salary of S$6000/month is o.k. (but not high) in my opinion, but what does "3500 + 2500" mean"? If it is base salary plus something else (e.g. bonus or housing allowance): This something else is NOT taken into consideration by MoM and S$3500/month is too low for your background, so this is likely the reason for rejection.
In this case, you should ask the employer (NOT the agent - they cannot do much for you and MoM doesn't deal with agents) to raise your base salary, if they still want to hire you.
You should also consider that S$6000/month is enough for you alone or a couple, but not with kid(s).

Good luck!

Hello Beppi,

Thanks your reply.
In the form submitted to MOM S$3500 is mentioned as basic and S$2500 as variable.

I mentioned about agent because he said that the application might be rejected because of the large difference between previous withdrawn salary and current mentioned salary.

Your agent is wrong: In your case, the previous pay is not the reason. Your application was rejected because of too low salary - S$3500/month is not enough for your background! (Variable components are not considered by MoM.)
You can check the online assessment tool on the MoM website to get an idea what (fixed) salary is needed for you to get an EP.

Hi,

I got Job offer in Singapore and my employer applied EP with 5500 SGD.
I have 4 years of experience as a software engineer in one of the well reputed IT company in India and I completed post graduate in mom recognized university from India.
My employer told me due to high salary they had rejected.
After 3 days they have appealed against my EP rejection.

My employer told me yesterday, still they did not get any update from MOM.

Also I am checking in EP Online my EP application status is showing as rejected.

Please clarify me and what I need to do next?

Thanks in Advance!

What if base salary is same in the new job as previous job but new job has significant bonuses plus small share ? Previous job doesn't have any other benefits. I'll get benefits from shares only if I work at least 4 years. What'll MOM think of it ? Appeal is pending in my case. It was rejected because of incomplete documentation.

Johnsu: MoM does not usually tell the reason for rejection, so "too high salary" is probably your employer's opinion only. I disagree - S$5500/month is not too high for an IT Master degree holder with 4 years related experience!
You should wait for the appeal's results. There is nothing else you can do.

Lovenbliss: MoM only considers base salary, nothing else.

beppi wrote:

nmohamedfazil: If there is no suitable local candidate found during the 14 days the ad must be on the jobs bank, you can apply for an EP for the job. As far as I know, the company's mistake (forgetting about the jobs bank) will not be used against you, but this does not mean that you will get the EP - a lot of other factors must fit, too.

joeym37du: If your blood pressure is so high that you need medical treatment and cannot work, then your EP will not be issued. If you already receive treatment, take along a certificate from your current doctor saying that you can work!

Hi Beppi,

My 14 days wait after posting the ad in jobsbank is over and my employer is now going to apply for fresh application rather than re-appeal to avoid further delay, as re-appealing will take minimum 3 weeks. will this be effective and quick..?? FYI: Also per my employer no exact match has been found from jobsbank.

+ One of my friend who is graduating from NUS this year like me whose EP is rejected, re-appealed and got approved in 3 working days. How is that possible.?? Is there any possibility that his employer might also have applied a fresh EP..??

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

If your employer has now followed the protocol by posting on the jobs bank, the new EP application will actually be processed - the first one wasn't due to formal reasons. The process can take between a few days and over a month  (regardless of whether it is an appeal or a new application). If your schooling was in Singapore, it might be quick.

Hi beppi,

I have a similar situation, I was refused entry into Singapore, not sure why, the officer simply said "you know why, are you really asking this question?" while taking it back to the gate at the airport. Before the "incident" I spent almost 3 month in a row in Singapore, but leaving for a weekend every month to interrupt the count of days. I was in Singapore visiting friends and looking for a job and spending time with my boyfriend. Eventually I found a job but entry was refused just while I was submitting the documents to my employer. Then my EP was rejected and the appeal also rejected, reason being "not eligible to work because of adverse record". Is there a way to know more about what the adverse record means? for how long it will last? if there is any way to appeal? I tried to call MOM and ICA but nobody gave me any answers. When I spoke to the MOM officer that actually rejected the application, only said to look for work in another country and that I could try again my luck to apply in Singapore in a few months. I found another job in Singapore but now I don't know if pursue the application or not? I don't mind going to another country, but my boyfriend cannot move from Singapore for 2 years.

Thank you very much for your help.

Well, it is very clear what you did wrong (and thus the immigration officer's reply is not surprising):
You stayed in Singapore for three months with only short visa runs, when the average visitor stays only 3.5 days. (You should have renewed your visitor visa at ICA instead, or you should have stayed out of the country at least as long as you were in, to not impede your future visa chances). That of course raised suspicions of abuse of your visitor visa to effectively establish a residence in Singapore and that you may have already worked illegally (to finance such a long stay). That suspicion was confirmed by your subsequent EP application - which then of course was rejected.
You can try clearing things up with ICA, but as you noticed they are not very open to sob stories (they have heard too many already) - and nobody can tell how long their ban lasts (probably not just a few months).
You could also, to reset your immigration status, marry your boyfriend and apply for a DP (usually only granted after living with him for a year elsewhere). But if your profile is correct and you are male, then this won't work either, because same-sex marriages are not recognized in Singapore.
Or, as the other officer said, forget about Singapore and move elsewhere.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm actually female, but I don't think the DP can work because he is been living for more than a year in Singapore so not sure how we can explain that we lived together as I didn't have any work visa for the period? would applying for another type of visa instead of EP help, like student visa, or most likely will be rejected as well?