Which region in Northern mainland Greece has modern lifestyle

Hello everyone,

I would like to purchase a fairly new apartment in the Northern Greece as an vacation property for now.  value ranging between 100 to 120K than in few years for my retirement purchase another property and   apply for golden visa.

I honesty don't know where to start. 

The Attorneys office that I got in contact with, they only deal with clients that are purchasing 250K and above for golden visa. So, I need help with few things!

1- Which region in Northern mainland Greece has modern lifestyle and suitable for expat to buy/live?

2- Find a property law firm for purchase  of less than 250K.

3- How is the property Tax situation if I'm not renting the place out!

Thank you for any tips in advance.

Best,

Kathy

Hi Kathy

You can invest as low as €250,000 in Greek real estate in order to qualify for the program except in municipalities in Athens, Thessaloniki, Mykonos, and Santorini. In these specific areas, the minimum investment threshold is €500,000 since July 31st, 2023.

Regards, Vlad

You need to read the law very carefully and consult an attorney about the timing of purchaseing more than one orperty equaling 250k or more  I am positive there is a sort of ”statute of limitations.”   You can buy several properties equaling 250k or more- no problem, but I would be quite concerned when you are buying the properties years apart   i am not a Greek attorney, but I would not be surprised if you were requred to purchase the properties within the same year

@paregerou

thanks for your tips. I will consider and look in to it!

Would you happen to know a g Attorney that I can start with there firm?

thanks

@vchronis

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your reply.    Currently I'm only ready to buy an apartment up to 120K. Do you know of an attorney or a real estate firm who would help me in the process?

Best,

Kathy