ADEC project - anyone know if teachers are happy?

We have just got provisional offers of work for ADEC in local schools.  Teaching couple with 2 young girls aged 6 and 8.  We have read loads of negative stuff.  Recruited from Teach Anywhere (not Teach Away).  Does anyone know any teachers doing the project and if so can they let me know how it is...? We will have contracts to sign in next week or so..  Thanks.

Hi dionnerooney, yes i now some teachers doing thy project so dont worry and good luk

regards.

ThaBks for posting.  Feel free to pass my email if they have time and can contact me dionnerooney@talktalk.net

We are quite happy. I am the teacher, my husband homeschools our three daughters (15, 11 and 6) and we have developed a number of good friends from all over the world. We are from the States. We arrived here last year, and have just returned from summer break. We were actually glad to be "home"! I really think it is all in what you make it. Are you two more laid back personalities, or are you a person who must have structure and have things go the way you planned? I am not condemning the latter at all, but to make it here you HAVE to know that things are not always going to go according to your time table, or the way you are used to it going back home. If you can adapt well, you will thrive. If not, save yourself the hassle. I will say this: not everything happens when we think it should, but it DOES happen, eventually. There is a word the locals use for that, "in'shallah". It means "if God wills it". It's a slower pace , but it eventually will come to pass!

That's good advice!  As long as it does happen.., like payment of wages, etc! We are waiting to hear.  Are you in al ain?  We are both involved as advisor and vice.. It is an early start in the am for my body clock but I'm sure mire favourable than current uk schools' climate of distrust, over assessment, zero respect etc... Let's hope for the contract... Regards. D and s

We are still in uk though a bit further diwn line! I hope to be there in few weeks... Just waiting now for flights n contracts to come back signed by them! Hopefully will be there soon! Any tips on what to bring or which areas to look for housing in al ain which is where we hope to be posted. Or even best schools for British?

So you are definitely coming? Congrats! You said as advisor and vice...meaning one of you is a vice principal? That is new territory this year (English speaking vp's)! I have 3 girls who are  6, 11 and 15...as I mentioned before we homeschool, but the Al Ain English Speaking School and Manor Hall both seem to be quite popular choices here in Al Ain...or if you would like to drop more of your salary, there is Chouefait, that one is out of my league for sure but seems excellent. As to what to bring, you will find it is the little things. Anything you need to live and so on, you will find here, or at worst after a trip to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. However, anything that is one of a kind that screams home to you would be smart to include. For us, that meant all the quilts my mom made each of us, my 6 year old's Barbie house (yes, we broke it down and got it in a suitcase, no small feat!), and Christmas decor. Any more questions, feel free to ask or if you are on Facebook look me up there, I will respond a lot quicker! Good luck!
Jennifer