Benefits provided by professional employer organization (PEO)

Hi all, it's been a minute since someone in the forum ask about benefit negotiations. I'm a Thai-American and received a job offer to work in Thailand long term in a form of a contract from a professional employer organization on behalf of an NGO in the U.S. (the NGO does not have a legal presence in Thailand just yet.) The contract mentions nothing about benefits except the mandatory Thai Social Security system. I was wondering if there is anyone who had a similar experience as mine and whether they negotiated for other things like health insurance, etc. They also said that I'd only have 6 days of vacation/year since that's the Thai law minimum. I was wondering if this could be negotiated too. Thanks!

Hi all, it's been a minute since someone in the forum ask about benefit negotiations. I'm a Thai-American and received a job offer to work in Thailand long term in a form of a contract from a professional employer organization on behalf of an NGO in the U.S. (the NGO does not have a legal presence in Thailand just yet.) The contract mentions nothing about benefits except the mandatory Thai Social Security system. I was wondering if there is anyone who had a similar experience as mine and whether they negotiated for other things like health insurance, etc. They also said that I'd only have 6 days of vacation/year since that's the Thai law minimum. I was wondering if this could be negotiated t

oo. Thanks!
-@PeteWN

"They also said that I'd only have 6 days of

vacation/year since that's the Thai minimum." Only 6 days and a minimum (of 6 days) doesn't make sense .

@Leeds forever! That's what I thought! I was hoping they just put down the minimum of 6 days as required by law as a default and are leaving room for negotiation. In my last job in the U.S. I accrued 15 days throughout the year with rollover, and I think that's what I'm going to start with when I respond to the PEO.

@Leeds forever! That's what I thought! I was hoping they just put down the minimum of 6 days as required by law as a default and are leaving room for negotiation. In my last job in the U.S. I accrued 15 days throughout the year with rollover, and I think that's what I'm going to start with when I respond to the PEO.
-@PeteWN

I had 31days/year with full pay when I was working. That's 6 weeks + 1 day. I wasn't complaining. 😎