Mandatory Thai cultural orientation course/teacher training program?

Hello,

I'm planning to move to Thailand and get a teaching job there in the near future. I am actively applying directly with some schools but I also tried contacting some of the agencies arranging the placement of foreigners into schools.I have read that anyone without a teaching license is required to take a "Thai culture course" (e.g. https://blog.jobs.ac.uk/tefl-journey/te … ification/ ) to teach in Thailand. I don't want to argue about the usefulness of this, but rather clarify if this course, in addition to being not free, can be taken at any educational agency at my discretion, and any date from my arrival in Thailand.

I was offered to take this culture/orientation course (and a "teacher training program", I don't know exactly if it's also required by the government or just an extra thing offered by them) from one of the Teacher Placement agencies, for a specific date around October.

I'm still deciding my arrival date, but even if I get there before that date, I don't want to feel pressured to take that specific course since I don't know if I'd get a teaching position with them, with another agency or just applying by myself. I have also read that some schools are willing to pay for that course, or take it from a specific organization in agreement with the school. It's also possible that I can't secure any job during that time (or being offered a bad option), so I don't know if it makes sense to take that course immediately and have some sort of commitment with that agency.

Can someone please provide some guidance on this? thanks!.