Moving to North Cyprus

Hello my Partner and I and looking to move to North Cyprus with our our two boys (6 month old and 4 year old) early next year hopefully. We currently live in London but my partner has visited North Cyprus quite a lot as her mother was from there. We wanted to know the process of moving over and any potential hidden costs we may have looked over. We were thinking about renting somewhere first ideally 3-4 bed villa with a pool or communal pool in the Kyrenia area so any sites or companies that deal with long term property leasing would be helpful. After 6 months to a year we may look into purchasing somewhere but again, if you are not from Cyprus and you want to buy a property do you have to be a cash buyer or could you get a mortgage?

My company (British Company) have said I maybe able to keep my job with them as I work remotely but I'm unsure how the tax would work if I was living in Cyprus but getting paid from a British company (is that even allowed?)

We may also want to purchase a car but not sure if it is best to buy a car outright or lease one as they seem quite expensive from the (very little) research I have done   

I would also like to know what the schools are like I was told private schools are around 3k a year per child is it worth doing, or is the public schooling in Cyprus good enough

@watto82 good morning, I hope all is well. I have a property in historical Kyrenia. Unfortunately I have a squatter there. But email ***. They have provided good guidance and should be able to assist. They are fluent English speakers as well.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Email and phone numbers should be shared in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct