Tax advice to moving to Thailand but working for a uk company

Hi Guys.

I'm wondering to get some information. I work for a UK company as a remote worker... I'm wanting to live in Thailand for a year, I know about the visa runs, education visa..

But what about my UK income as tax? If I leave the UK for Thailand for more than 184 days in the year. I won't be a UK tax resident, or would I still be paying ni, pension etc from my pay slip?

Very confused on this and would like some information from any one who's in the same boat?

How does it work?

Not looking for professional advice just wondering how others have done it and their route.

Thanks

Max

I am not an English citizen but French . This said there is certainly a tax bilateral treaty between the UK and Thailand , so check and read it .

For example under the Franco-Thai treaty , pensions are taxable in France even if the individual is a resident of Thailand…

Hi Guys.
I'm wondering to get some information. I work for a UK company as a remote worker... I'm wanting to live in Thailand for a year, I know about the visa runs, education visa..

But what about my UK income as tax? If I leave the UK for Thailand for more than 184 days in the year. I won't be a UK tax resident, or would I still be paying ni, pension etc from my pay slip?

Very confused on this and would like some information from any one who's in the same boat?

How does it work?

Not looking for professional advice just wondering how others have done it and their route.

Thanks
Max
-@Maxwell101

If you officially work for a UK company you'll have to pay taxes in the UK as usual especially as a remote worker. If you're working as a remote worker in Thailand where Nomad visas officially don't exist, then you have stay under the radar. Your problem will be your visa and extensions. You can't stay 1 year as a tourist. 6 months won't be a problem but you need to do extensions and border runs. ED-visas are now a bit problematic because of so many fake educations. Immigration doesn't like them very much.

Where are you working from at this moment as remote worker for a UK company.

Are you on the payroll, will they be interested in moving to 'invoice for out office services'??

All of these and a few more are needed to give you the correct advise.

regards

Martin

@Maxwell101

There are

1. withholding tax from salary

2. Social welfare