Sending a small amount of money to VN

I need to send a mere million vnd to someone in Vietnam. Although I have two local bank accounts in VN, I never bothered to set up the online banking when I was there. Now I'm Cambodia.

Anywayz, does anyone have any suggestions. I suppose I could send a bank transfer (SWIFT) or use Western Union, but I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest something easier (online) with less expensive fees.

TIA for any recommendations.

Use WISE (formerly TRANSFERWISE).

I just did a dummy transfer from Australia to Vietnam.

1,00,000 VND cost $2.82 AUD in fees using debit card.

@jayrozzetti23 Use Ria to transfer money internationally. It's so simple and the fees are low

https://secure.riamoneytransfer.com/

@jayrozzetti23 try paysend or worldremit , i used it (paysend) from europe to japan. They charge about 1$ for transfert.

Take a look !

I have good experiences with both Wise and Worldremit.

Bank transfer is an option, but the swift fee would be rediculously out of proportion for sending 1mln VND :)

1 milllon remain ridiculous (in general) for western ppl anyway...so what about 1$ for transfert fee :)

Please let us know anyway.

I need to send a mere million vnd to someone in Vietnam. Although I have two local bank accounts in VN, I never bothered to set up the online banking when I was there. Now I'm Cambodia.
Anywayz, does anyone have any suggestions. I suppose I could send a bank transfer (SWIFT) or use Western Union, but I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest something easier (online) with less expensive fees.

TIA for any recommendations.
-@jayrozzetti23

Based on figures that have been shared here previously, WIZE seems to be the best for small amounts under $1,000 or $1,500, and over that amount a swift wire is probably a better deal.

Why not paypal,bind your bank with paypal.

Paypal is pretty cheap and fast too

We use XOOM to transfer international. Pick up at Vietcom Bank

I have been using Wise (formerly known as TransferWise) for many years, and it is up to 7 times cheaper than traditional banks or PayPal.

You can check this link to view transfer/exchange rates. Select currencies of choice on this landing page, https://wise.prf.hn/l/3YvonNV, and change the vn in the link to determine the country you wish to transfer to/from.

@jayrozzetti23 Use Ria to transfer money internationally. It's so simple and the fees are low
https://secure.riamoneytransfer.com/
-@linadh

I ended up using Ria after checking to see what my ABA Bank phone app could do. This is one of the top banks in Cambodia. The option for international transfers is available with the choice of Swift, Ria or MoneyGram. The app let me create a dollar account which was required and then I transferred money online from my riel account to the $ account.

From there, I was able to send a $100 (minimum amount) for a $6 fee through the Ria network. Not exactly ideal for me but the recipient (my old xe om driver) was pleased and received the money directly into his bank account.

Thanks everyone for your input! 1f44d.svg1f64f.svg

Has anyone had any experience using Sable to transfer money?

Paypal is pretty cheap and fast too
-@Jlgarbutt

PayPal cheap?! 

If you have an Amazon account I always use Xoom. The fee is 2.99 regarless of the amount being sent. Fast and easy. When I transfer money to Vietnam it is usually in the account in 15 minutes.

Does anybody in this group live out in Long An province?

Setup your online banking . I have no issues moving money around VN and getting paid back right into my bank account at Sacom. So simple to pay people and services. I can even send money From Canada to my Sacom account.  Just a few clicks and done.